Testing Services Specialist (Part-Time)
Employment Classification: Support Staff ~ $16.50 per hour
Reports To: Testing Services Manager
Location: Lakeshore Technical College • Cleveland Campus
Employment and Work Schedule:
27 hours per week x 52 weeks; Tuesday – Friday (1,404 Annual Hours)
Tuesday & Friday: 8am-4pm; Wednesday & Thursday: 12pm-6pm
Coordinate and administer tests for college placement and credit for prior learning, GED/HSED, distance learning and Business and Industry. Responsible for explanation and monitor of proper testing procedures, troubleshooting issues, interpretation and delivery of test results to students; and proper record keeping. Provide administrative support to Phi Theta Kappa.
- Administer, proctor and score examinations including, but not limited to: Accuplacer; GED/HSED; Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint test-outs; keyboarding; credit for prior learning; distance learning; special accommodation; ASE; CLEP; Workforce Solutions testing; Human Resource testing; and other requested proctored tests.
- Schedule appointments, cheerfully assist students over the telephone, in-person, and by e-mail.
- Trouble-shoot, resolve, and/or escalate technical issues with testing platforms, computers and facilities.
- Maintain confidentiality of student test records as required by the Federal Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Administer off-campus testing sessions as needed. Occasional travel to LTC Manitowoc and LTC Sheboygan is required for this position.
- Be solely responsible for testers, fee collection and security of testing materials.
- Responsible to regulation enforcement and adherence to the strict GED/HSED rules set forth by Pearson Vue, the State of Wisconsin and Department of Education.
- Attend mandatory annual GED/HSED conference.
- Serve as back up to the Lead GED tester and responsible for knowledge of all Lead’s responsibilities and functions to step in as needed.
- Attend officer and regular PTK meetings, orientations inductions, and other events.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to provide effective solutions for requests made by faculty and staff.
- Perform various administrative duties for Testing Services and PTK including, but not limited to: process check requests; inventory and order supplies; copying and filing; mail handling and distribution; make travel arrangements; schedule; reserve rooms; prepare and mail correspondence; and track expenditures.
- Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
- High school diploma or equivalent and related associate degree or equivalent and two to three years recent related occupational experience.
- Must be GED Examiner approved by DPI and pass Pearson Vue Test Administrator and ASE certifications.
- Communicate effectively with internal customers and external clientele, prioritize work flow with accent on customer service, handle multiple tasks and be detail orientated, prioritize and process large volume of detailed work, adapt quickly to new work situations, work under pressure, and deliver quality work.
- Must be able to handle constant interruptions.
- Must work independently with little or no supervision. Must be able to make instant decisions based on facts present. Must be able to recommend and provide input into business process changes.
- Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
**Fluent, bilingual individual is desirable.
Conditions of Employment
- Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
- A valid State of Wisconsin Driver’s License is required.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA)
Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Long Term Disability
Flexible Spending Program
On-Site Child Care
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Friday, September 1, 2017
Closing: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application should be submitted for receipt no later than Monday, September 11, 2017.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources at 920.693.1863.
Lakeshore Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, lack of English skills, arrest or conviction record, political affiliation, marital status, or other protected categories, in its services, employment, programs, and/or educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admissions, access and participation. The College attempts to be in compliance with all federal laws including but not limited to Title IX & Section 504. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies are handled by the Chief Human Resources Officer/Affirmative Action Officer, 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland WI 53015, phone 920.693.1163 or 888.468.6582, ext. 1163.
Lakeshore Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs or activities. Persons requiring accommodation to access the College’s programs, services, and/or employment should call LTC at 920.693.1000 or 888.GO TO LTC (888.468.6582), or TTY 711.