IT Services Delivery Analyst II
Job Description Summary: Job ID: 4755 - FT - Unclassified (salaried)
Serve as liaison between 3rd party help desk provider and Miami IT services within the broader context of IT support and our IT Service Management (ITSM) program; handle and bring escalations from helpdesk to successful resolution; advise on process improvement and measurement activities.
Duties/Physical Demands: 1. Responsible for development, implementation, progress, and ongoing performance of service desk function and integration with ITSM processes
2. Work with the 3rd party Help Desk Account Manager and Workforce Management to analyze individual, team, and call center results to identify and act on both positive and negative performance trends to ensure attainment of performance targets
3. Provide level 2 troubleshooting expertise on tickets unresolved by helpdesk; collaborate with subject matter experts to resolve or identify escalation paths
4. Provide root cause around escalations and continually assessing call drivers into the helpdesk and creating strategies to address unresolvable tickets/cases
5. Travel as necessary to assist with training and prep for peak periods
6. Create and maintain service desk metrics and key performance indicators and for identifying actions that should be considered based on those items.
7. Manage proactive and impactful client communication to Miami University executive and departmental staff
8. Responsible for benchmarking and maturity assessment of service desk function, communicating and championing ITSM/ITIL, and recommending specific process improvement initiatives within IT Services.
9. Participate in professional development activities.
10. Participate in cross-functional projects and activities.
11. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree earned by date of hire.
Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted.
Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently
OEEO Statement: The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.