Job Description Summary: Job ID: 4754 - FT - Unclassified (salaried)
This position is responsible for providing direct support to users of the telephone system at Miami University, both VoIP & analog, and all services associated. Independently, with minimal supervision, making changes in configurations to satisfy the needs of the users and maintaining accurate records in appropriate/applicable systems reflecting these changes.
Duties/Physical Demands: 1. Responsible for adding, removing, or changing configuration in Cisco Call Manager to fulfill requests submitted by departments and users. Includes, but not limited to; adding/updating user names, call restrictions, line appearances, adding/replacing/ switching/ removing individual phone services, adding/modifying/removing devices.
2. Responsible for adding, removing, or modifying configuration in Unity (voicemail) to fulfill requests submitted by departments and users. Includes, but not limited to; resetting pass codes, updating schedules, greetings, settings, and creating or deleting accounts.
3. Responsible for adding, removing, or modifying users in Cisco Unified CCX (Call Centers) to fulfill requests submitted by departments and users. Includes, but not limited to; resetting password, assigning queues, skill level, and capability. Maintain licenses for call recording users.
4. Maintain accurate records in appropriate and applicable systems (IT Help ticketing, Astra Billing and Call Accounting system, Cisco Call Manager, Unity, Cisco Call Center, etc.)
5. Assist administrative unit with departmental billing and processing of monthly invoices.
6. Assist operators with scheduling and provisioning teleconference services.
7. Responsible for maintaining Xmedius network fax services. Adding, removing, or updating user accounts on the Xmedius server.
8. Communicate technical information to team members and University Community.
9. Meet with University departments to provide options regarding their VoIP, Unified Messaging, and communications needs.
10. Provide technical support to other team members.
11. Perform problem troubleshooting and resolution, interacting with end user, Field Services, Network Engineers, and Support Desk.
12. Create and maintain meaningful written instruction for VoIP telephone and related services.
13. Maintain focus on the highest levels of service and customer satisfaction.
14. Participate in professional development activities.
15. Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Requires an Associate degree.
1-2 years of experience in one or more of the following:
Experience in administration of VoIP technical systems and related services. Telecommunications system administration, billing and record keeping. Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted. Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently.
OEEO Statement: The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.