Director of Annual Giving
Reporting to the Vice President for Advancement, the Director of Annual Giving will is charged with the responsibility to increase participation and giving through the the annual giving program at Guilford College. Fundraising efforts include (but are not limited to) direct mail, e-appeals, phonathon, website management, email marketing, crowd-funding, social media, and creation of an employee giving program. The incumbent should demonstrate exceptional writing skills with the ability to craft an engaging message, exhibit strong interpersonal skills, and promote an environment that champions Guilford College’s core values.
● Create and implement the program’s fiscal year plan while coordinating efforts with other departments in the Advancement division as well as other strategic partners around campus.
● Supervise one full time employee (Annual Giving Specialist) and one part time employee (Quaker Club Coordinator).
● Generate and design all content for annual giving communication pieces across multiple mediums, including print, email, social media, and website. This includes solicitation and stewardship pieces.
● Work with Advancement Services team to prepare and coordinate all data for communication pieces.
● Oversee Annual Giving Specialist as s/he prepares all in-house mailings. For larger mailings, the director will be responsible for securing and coordinating with a print vendor.
● Manage all giving forms and maintain certain giving pages for Guilford College’s advancement pages.
● Manage all giving microsites (Athletics, departments, programs, etc).
● Coordinate and assist in execution of crowdfunding projects posted on the microsites.
● Hire and supervise the Quaker Club coordinator to plan and execute events for Quaker Club fundraising.
● Plan and execute two giving days per year (#GivingTuesday and Day for Guilford).
● Plan and execute a robust employee giving program.
● Incorporate and promote the Graduate Brick Walk program
● Establish a matching gifts program.
● Recruit a senior class gift chair and advise senior class gift committee through their fundraising efforts.
● Create and implement a student philanthropy program.
● Work with the Annual Giving Specialist to reinstate Guilford’s Phonathon Program.
● Analyze and assess annual giving results on a regular basis and provide summary to Vice President of Advancement.
● Assist the Director of Donor Relations and Special Events in planning the President’s Dinner each spring.
● Represent the Office of Advancement on the Friends of the Library board.
● Complete any additional duties as assigned
● Bachelor’s Degree
● 4-6 years of experience in fundraising
● Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
● Experience creating and managing a direct mail program
● Exhibit strong interpersonal skills
● Ability to work in a dynamic, high-pressure, and constantly changing environment
● Commitment to Guilford College core values
● Master’s degree or CFRE certification
● Previous experience in Higher Education fundraising environment
● Previous experience with athletics fundraising or Phonathon
● Management experience
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
Position open until filled; however review of applications will begin on September 5, 2017.
5 References with full contact information
3 writing samples