The Department of Shared Services provides a wide range of business, administrative and support services to faculty, staff and students in a high quality, highly effective and highly efficient manner. It supports the teaching and research mission of the University by enabling faculty, staff and student to access and transact support services easily and readily. The department provides successful leadership and management of infrastructure functions delivering effective, efficient and value-adding services, systems and processes to the institution that are directly aligned to internal customer needs.
The Department of Shared Services is seeking an experienced Recruiter to work in the HR Shared Services team. This position reports directly to the Manager of Recruiting Services and will work closely with the other Recruiter on the team. The primary responsibility of this position is to manage the full cycle recruiting process for staff and faculty positions at the University of Denver. The full cycle recruiting process includes but isn't limited to partnering with hiring supervisors and search committees to develop a recruiting plan, attend search committee meetings, recommend advertising sources, screen applications, create and review interview questions, communicate with applicants, conduct background checks and close out recruitments.
Oversee the recruitment and selection process for staff and faculty positions including:
- Serve as a consultant to the hiring supervisor and search committee throughout the recruitment process.
- Work with hiring supervisor on developing a recruiting plan.
- Recommend advertising sources.
- Support diversity recruitment efforts by working with the Associate Director of Equal Opportunity.
- Create and review job postings.
- Screen application materials.
- Create, review and provide feedback on interview questions.
- Manage the background check process.
- Manage the applicant tracking system, SilkRoad Recruiting System by emailing applicants and changing applicant statuses.
- Close out the recruitment once the hire has been made.
- Retain recruitment materials to ensure compliance.
Other recruiting activities include:
- Work with departments and the Associate Director of Equal Opportunity on hosting DU job fairs.
- Represent the University of Denver at external job fairs.
- Recommend advertising methods such as social media, job boards and networking to find top talent.
- Manage and seek to continuously improve the recruiting process including new recruiting trends.
- Pull applicant and EEO data from SilkRoad Recruiting System.
- Conduct trainings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Self-starter with high degree of initiative, agility, urgency and follow through.
- Knowledge and ability to apply EEO principles to recruitments.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field.
- 1-3 years of full cycle recruiting (creating recruiting plans, screening applications, conducting interviews, etc.) experience.
- Experience with applicant tracking systems.
- 2-4 years of full cycle recruiting (creating recruiting plans, screening applications, conducting interviews, etc.) experience.
- Full cycle recruiting experience in a higher education environment.
- Experience conducting trainings.
- Experience with job fairs.
- Professional in Human Resources Certification (PHR) or Society for Human Resource Management Certified Professional Certification (SHRM-CP).
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Thursday, September 14, 2017.
Applicants must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online with a cover letter and resume will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- List of 3 references
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.