Associate Director, Alumni Relations (526327)
Brandeis University seeks to hire an Associate Director who will provide support and assistance to the Alumni Association as it works to achieve its goals. The Associate Director has primary responsibility for alumni programming and volunteer leadership development for Shared Interest Groups and other alumni affinity organizations.
Examples of Key Responsibilities:
- Contribute to development of Alumni Relations engagement strategy by managing and stewarding alumni volunteers in Shared Interest Groups, including but not limited to the Alumni of Color Network, the Brandeis Arts Network, International Alumni Network, the Brandeis Lawyers Network and Friends of Brandeis Athletics. Responsibilities include recruiting and training volunteers and coordinating event details along with volunteers. Build partnerships with campus offices to design and execute student-alumni programs relevant to Shared Interest Groups.
- Create strategy and develop short- and long-term goals for Shared Interest Groups, including the identification and on-boarding of new groups.
- Staff the Alumni Board committee on Shared and Affinity Group programs. Develops marketing strategy for Shared Interest Groups, including e-newsletters and social media tools.
- Oversee unique (one-time) milestone/anniversary events for students’ organizations, including but not limited to the Waltham Group, varsity and athletic club teams, student newspapers, performing groups, etc. Responsible for collaborating within Institutional Advancement and across campus in the execution of these anniversary events.
- 3-5 years of related experience; bachelor’s degree required; event and volunteer management experience.
- Excellent communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; attention to detail; excellent organizational ability to handle multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced office.
- Some travel and evening and weekend hours will be required. Knowledge of Brandeis, its philosophy and mission is helpful. Knowledge or ability to learn CRM Database, Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel applications.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume as a single document at http://www.brandeis.edu/humanresources/jobs/external.html. Elect option for "External Applicant". Sort the job listing by clicking the Job ID column heading. Locate the desired job listing. Click the job title and then Apply Now.
Brandeis University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled individuals, and eligible veterans to apply. It is the policy of the University not to discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other legally protected category.