For over 35 years, our CPA firm has embraced entrepreneurs, CEOs and founders for their visionary and independent spirits and we specialize in serving their accounting, tax and specialized financial needs. We invest in our people and their on-going professional growth, since we know they are the cornerstone of our success. And, we invest in technology to ensure we have the right financial tools to deliver the right client solutions. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Tax Manager.
As part of the tax team, the Tax Manager will have the opportunity to work with a diverse client base and the primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Perform technical review of all federal and state income tax returns for individuals and businesses, including trusts, gift and estates tax returns.
- Delegate and supervise work to tax professionals and maintain familiarity with qualifications of all tax professionals.
- Follow the progress of work in relation to budgeted time and scheduled dates of completion and anticipates the problem areas that may arise.
- Keep Directors informed of all important developments, analyze any issues, and recommend solutions.
- Research the implications of tax laws and advise clients on tax related issues.
- Prepare research memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, and other documents for submission to the IRS or represents clients before the IRS
- Manage, develop, and mentor staff/seniors on projects and assess performance through formal periodic reviews and informal feedback.
- Maintain steady contact with clients throughout the business year, which involves a thorough knowledge of client and facets of the client's business rather than a mere routine attendance to immediate problems.
- Answer any questions the client may have so there is a complete understanding of the nature and terms of an assignment, including an estimate of fees.
- Develop and model an understanding of firm core values, mission and vision.
- Develop entrepreneurial approach to client service and good working relationships with client personnel.
- Maintain contacts with peers, develops network of business contacts, meets with prospective clients, and cultivates referrals.
- Produce quality work with quick turnaround and attentive service.
- 8-10 years of general public accounting experience
- Active CPA license required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Taxation required, Master's degree in Taxation preferred
- Highly organized, ability to work well under pressure, and handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong background in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, technical, verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently with outstanding project management skills
- Experience with ProSystems Fx software (Tax, Engagement, Practice Management, Planning and Document), and QuickBooks is preferred
- Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results driven team oriented environment
Thu, 31 Aug 2017 15:29:57 PDT