Student Accounts Representative
• General office duties included but not limited to answering phone calls, greeting customers, filing, etc.
• Handles payments that come into the University either by cash, check, credit card or electronic fund transfers
• Issues receipts, refunds and change due to customers
• Cashes checks for customers
• Handles all cash payouts
• Scholarship billing
• Runs daily reports for various offices
• Verifies cash draw nightly and prepares bank deposits and/or replenishments
• Assists students electing to use financial aid with the appropriate application process and conducts on-going follow-up with students and Financial Aid to resolve issues which could result in disbursement delays
• Help facilitate financial clearance among resident and commuters
• Prepare financial worksheets
• Monitors student accounts and communicates with students to resolve outstanding balances
• Maintain clean and orderly front desk area
• Minimum of A.S. Degree in Business or Accounting or related field.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of related business experience (cashiering/accounting/collections/financial aid processes)
• Must be committed to providing a high level of customer service and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
• Possess the ability to work independently and be detail-oriented.
• Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to effectively perform in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to multi-task and work as an integral member of a busy team is absolutely essential to success in this position.
• Strong business mathematics skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.