Financial Aid Counselor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Serve as walk-in financial aid counselor for prospective and current students. Educate families on financial aid programs, regulations, various loan programs as well as document, financial aid, and loan application completion assistance.
• Manage SALT financial literacy program, including presenting to Husson Experience classes and coordinating on-campus events.
• Perform Return to Title IV calculations for withdrawn students.
• Assist with student/parent phone and email inquiries regarding financial aid information.
• Assist with tracking of verification and award documents into PowerFAIDS system; follow up with students for missing or incomplete documents.
• Presentations and Admissions events support, such as Open Houses, Information Days, and New Student Orientations.
• Other project and duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate Degree, Bachelor's preferred, w/ a minimum of one (1) year experience in financial aid, or a comparable combination of experience from other professional positions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.