Graduate Admissions Manager
All new graduate student paperwork and other forms of communication with prospective students are handled by the Graduate Admissions Manager in the MBA@Denver online graduate program. The Graduate Admissions Manager's primary responsibility is to see that the admission committee has all necessary information to make admission decisions and that the admissions decisions are processed and communicated in a timely manner. Additionally, the Graduate Admissions Manager will serve as a liaison between 2U Enrollment Services and Daniels MBA@Denver Admissions Team. This person will perform follow-up checks on all submitted applications, read and make a recommendation for the Tier 1 level of the MBA@Denver admissions process.
Communication and Coordination with 2U Teams
- Liaison with 2U Enrollment Services to ensure Daniels requirements are met.
- Serve as escalation for 2U admissions and ERS questions regarding applicants.
- Conduct quarterly trainings with 2U Admissions and Enrollment Services staff.
- Maintain regular communication with 2U Admissions leadership.
- In partnership with 2U, track application review and processing timeframe to ensure decisions are rendered in a timely fashion.
- Manage ongoing queue of enrollment applications.
- Manage prospective graduate student applications submitted to the College.
- Ensure a timely and efficient admissions process, while providing excellent service.
- Serve as the first reviewer on MBA@Denver applications.
- Manage the escalation of all applications to ensure they are given timely final decisions.
- Manage all views for outstanding decisions to assign reviewers, mark application holds, and assign additional reviewers.
Reporting and Record Management
- Archive physical documents to onsite and offsite storage.
- Create and maintain record history and report on key indicators.
- Provide timely data management, analysis, and reporting.
- Execute special research and tasks.
- Manage secondary audit to ensure initial audit and data entry correspond post-enrollment and prior to other departments activities.
- Effectively communicate with applicants as needed during the admissions process.
- Serve as the first escalation point during the admissions process.
- Plan & execute admissions webinars, including: prospective student webinars, admitted student webinars, student roundtables, and faculty webinars.
- Provide critical reporting to various College constituents.
- Effectively manage and use computer and network technology for the department.
- Represent the College at University graduate admissions units meetings and disseminate information to key colleagues.
- Act as a liaison between Daniels and University Technology Services to ensure effective use of University technology and compliance with University data standards.
- Work with 2U admissions team to provide ongoing analysis of applicant pool and qualities for ideal applicants.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extremely accurate, detail-oriented, confidential, impartial, and objective.
- Effectively deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to make sound and appropriate decisions under tight timelines.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office and other office skills.
- Excellent critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient report writing.
- Ability to organize priorities and projects.
- Ability to problem solve and multitask using discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to work well across department, college and university functions within a team environment.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field.
- 2 years of work experience with data management, analysis and reporting.
- 3-5 years of work experience with data management, analysis and reporting.
- Experience working in an university business school admissions setting.
- Experience working in Slate, Banner and Access.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 14, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.