Laboratory Order Specialist-Exact Sciences
This position performs the functions of the Laboratory Order Specialist under the guided direction of the department Supervisor or designee. In this role, the Laboratory Order Specialist ensures the quality and integrity of the data received into Exact Sciences Laboratories from healthcare providers and other clients. The primary responsibilities of the position is the timely entry of test orders and the resolution of test order issues to include enrollment, entry and clarification. The Laboratory Order Specialist may provide outreach to the provider to convey results or they may also contact the providers to complete order clarification activities. The Laboratory Order Specialist will follow all outlined departmental policies, processes and procedures to fulfill their defined role.
This position is a 2nd Shift direct hire position with the hours of 3:30 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., Monday - Friday. Training occurs during 1st shift.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reports to work on time, and follows attendance guidelines.
- Responsible for the timely entry and resolution of test order issues(s) or physician enrollment issue(s) for Exact Sciences Laboratories to facilitate timely and accurate test ordering.
- Conducts all assigned job duties in a timely and productive manner.
- Meets required metrics as determined by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Mandatory Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficient in computer systems and keyboarding skills.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and focus on quality output.
- Excellent problem solving abilities and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff through both verbal and written communications.
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changing workload and circumstances effectively; Able to respond to new information quickly.
- Disciplined, self-motivated & reliable; able to stay focused on a task and work independently; motivated to perform quality work; diligent about arriving to work on time and completing tasks that are assigned in a timely manner.
- Professionalism: conducts themselves in a professional manner in all interactions with members of the Exact Sciences Clinical Laboratory team, clients and associates.
- Possess a positive attitude.
Necessary Education & Experience:
- • High School diploma or GED.
- • Must be 18 years of age or older.
- • Demonstrated experience working in a data entry environment.
- • Demonstrated understanding of laboratory terminology.
- • Desired knowledge of medical terminology and medical billing and insurance terms.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability to listen and speak on the telephone and write simultaneously.
- Ability to operate telephone system and computer keyboard and printer.
- Ability to lift and move 20-40 pounds on an occasional basis (up to 25% of time).
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and reach on a regular basis (standing ~50% of time; sitting ~50% of time). • Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Position occasionally may require work in a normal laboratory environment. When the need arises, personal protective equipment is required while working in the laboratory.
Chat with us online at our "Online Job Fair" on Wednesday, June 7thfrom 11:30am-1pm! Follow this link for more information: https://app.brazenconnect.com/a/spherion/e/Xb02x
Spherion is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Since 1946, Spherion has placed millions of talented individuals in rewarding administrative, clerical, light industrial, customer service, non-clinical healthcare and professional jobs. Filling a broad mix of flexible, temp-to-hire and direct hire positions, Spherion is a trusted recruiting and staffing partner to more than 3,000 companies nationwide.
Thu, 31 Aug 2017 10:32:56 PDT