Coordinator - Graduation and Degree Audit Services, MFRE40802REC
Coordinate the functions of the Graduation department which include Graduation Audits, Transfer Credit Evaluations, Prerequisite Evaluations and Degree Audit. Supervise Graduation and Degree Audit staff. Determine the academic status towards a degree or certificate for all students who have filed petitions for graduation. Act as liaison with program coordinators to ensure the accuracy of degree/certificate requirements. Maintain the statistical information regarding graduates for each academic year. Manage the maintenance of the encoding of transfer articulation, degree and certificate requirements and degree exceptions.
Position Title: Coordinator - Graduation and Degree Audit Services, MFRE40802REC
Duties of Position:
- Supervise Graduation and Degree Audit staff.
- Responsible for training Graduation staff in the art of evaluating transfer credit and prerequisite evaluations and graduation audits. Train Office of Student Records staff and other College personnel and faculty in the procedures and policies for graduation and the use of the degree audit system.
- Verify evaluations, audits and course articulations done by staff for accuracy.
- Verify student eligibility for graduation and post credential(s) on student academic records.
- Responsible for the production and issuance of diplomas for degrees and certificates. Assist in the design of diplomas and maintain diploma supplies.
- Oversee the preparation of graduation application files, including degree and catalog eligibility, transfer credit and non-course work applicability.
- Review all information that is submitted for new catalog that pertains to degrees, certificates and transfer credit.
- Oversee the Intelligent Capture process for the evaluation and awarding of transfer credit and/or requisite credit for courses completed at other institutions.
- Serve as Graduation liaison with Information Technology for maintenance and troubleshooting Colleague Degree Audit, Image Now, Business Objects and Intelligent Capture.
- Member of College Commencement Committee, involved with planning commencement activities.
- Assist with commencement ceremony as needed.
- Oversee Commencement Booklet creation.
- Oversee the imaging process for archiving documents associated with graduation and transfer credit.
- Responsible for the verification of athletic eligibility.
- Assist the Associate Registrar in the development of annual plans and project initiatives. Ensure that department goals are met and initiatives are successfully implemented on budget and on time.
- Requires a commitment to providing exemplary customer service.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
Two (2) or more years working in an educational environment with knowledge of transfer credit and graduation functions and processes. Two years Supervisory experience.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Four (4) or more years working in an educational environment with knowledge of transfer credit and graduation functions and processes. Four (4) years managerial experience.
Masters' Degree in Higher Education Administration, Student Personnel or related subject.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
PC, multi-line telephone, calculator, printer, fax machine, copy machine, imaged document scanner and micro-fiche reader.
General office environment.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Student Records - REC
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Salary Exempt