Job Title: Police Officer
Job ID: 24235
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 8350, Range 0
Department: University Police Department
About the Position
Police Officers for the San Jose State University Police Department are fully sworn State of California peace officers per 830.2(c) PC and are part of the California State University Police system. Officers have full peace officer powers anywhere in California. They respond to calls for service on and around the SJSU campus. Through preventive patrol by vehicle, bicycle, motorcycle, and foot, officers enforce state laws, city ordinances and university regulations. Police Officers conduct criminal and traffic investigations, make arrests, prepare necessary documents and testify in court. Officers also provide for the safety and security of the campus community. The work environment for Police Officers varies throughout the work shift and includes working outdoors, in an office setting and in a motor vehicle. Work shifts will vary and will include nights/weekends throughout the calendar year. University Police Officers must meet all the appropriate physical demands as defined by POST.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Patrol campus buildings and grounds by foot or by vehicle.
- Control crowds during assemblies or disturbances.
- Enforce laws and traffic regulations and apprehend violators, which include enforcing parking regulations and issuing traffic citations.
- Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, property damage, fires, law violations, and disturbances of the peace.
- Gather evidence, make arrests and appear in court as required.
- Administer first aid to injured persons.
- Police Officers may receive training and/or be delegated responsibility for additional work assignments
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24235.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.