Jones IT: Server Engineer
As a member of the Jones IT Tech Team a Server Engineer works to develop, maintain, and administer a wide variety of servers and infrastructures. This may involve diagnosing and resolving a server issue independently or working with other members of the Tech Team to get to a resolution. A Server Engineer performs a wide variety of tasks across a diverse set of servers, computers, devices, and applications. As a Server Engineer you are instrumental in "game planning" for various requests made by clients and are responsible for seeing development and implementation through to resolution or coordinating the resources necessary to achieve that goal.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the primary point of support for all server/infrastructure related issues
- Keeps the beer fridge stocked at all times and alerts all staff when short on Jameson
- Partners with Central Dispatch, Service Team, and onsite resources to troubleshoot and resolve escalated issues
- Ability to DJ the Sonos system and do the Rhythm Nation dance when Janet Jackson comes on
- Diagnoses and resolves server and network problems related to functionality, connectivity, management and monitoring, or other software/hardware problems
- Avid supporter of the 49ers
- Partners with the all members of the Jones IT Team to proactively collect and share experiences/tools/information that will aid in maximizing the value of efficiency and teamwork for our company and all of our clients
- Recommends good places to get drinks and food without too many hipsters
- Documents procedures and solutions in detail
-3 years of experience
-College degree (if not from UC Santa Cruz it is OK just frowned upon)
-Experience with Exchange, Active Directory, Hyper-V/VMware, Group Policy, RDS, Powershell, and networking preferred
-Ping Pong game is a plus
Demonstrates the ability to apply technical knowledge to complex problems, often involving interaction with clients and vendors. Proficiency in walking elderly family members through complex tasks such as attaching a picture to an email or updating their Facebook profile picture. Understanding the importance of team work and time management. Understanding the importance of team building through grillin' and chillin'. Ability to handle and track a variety of tasks at one time. Strong knowledge of servers, server operating systems, networking and local taquerias. Good customer service skills. Good written and verbal communication skills. Attention to detail is a must.
We are an IT Services company that loves to have a lot of fun, all while working our asses off.
San Francisco, CA
Thu, 31 Aug 2017 14:16:52 PDT