RCRA Specialist/Emergency Response Project Manager
This position is responsible for, but not limited to these key responsibilities and essential functions:
- Assigns, manages and guides the Emergency Services Response Team to environmental emergencies.
- Working knowledge of DOT, RCRA and transportation regulations and an understanding of the terminology and principles of spill response.
- Ability to identify chemical compatibility and properly label/manifest waste containers.
- Advanced knowledge of proper storage, treatment and disposal of hazardous materials, both RCRA and non-RCRA.
- Knowledge of all potential hazards associated with hazardous wastes.
- Regularly be "on-call" to coordinate and perform emergency response projects.
- Ability to provide guidance to A-C-T team members and out of state contractors to minimize job costs and protect the client's liability.
- Responsible for constant communication with A-C-T team members, as well as the client and regulatory authorities.
- Performs technical field/office work as required.
- Prepare quotes or bids to assure all costs are recognized and the quoted dollars meet required margins.
- Meets with customers to participate in job walks to understand the scope of work and any issues that may impact costs and execution.
- Prepare all waste profiles to manage the materials found in the scope of work and secure appropriate approvals.
- Works with management to schedule work and assure availability of manpower and equipment resources.
- Follow up on jobs with operational team and customers to assure work is completed satisfactorily, issues are resolved, invoiced, and monies collected.
- Ensures health and safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Prepare technical reports based upon field notes, interpretation of laboratory reports and other data, including source removal, site assessments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with regulatory agencies, clients and A-C-T team members and follow instructions both verbally and in writing.
- Ensure that employees understand and have the ability to complete their tasks.
- Monitor employees and offer corrective actions if tasks are not being completed effectively.
- Ability to work in all weather and environmental conditions.
- Upholds the ethics and values of the company.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree (physical sciences, geology, engineering, environmental science) and 5 years' experience in the Environmental Industry and/or 10+ years' experience in the environmental industry with all RCRA certifications.
- Two (2) years' experience with environmental or industrial services projects.
- Certain certifications will be required as deemed necessary by A-C-T senior staff.
- OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training preferred.
- Ability to travel, including some overnight.
- Pre-employment drug screen according to A•C•T's Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Acceptable driving record in accordance with A•C•T's Insurance & Driving policy.
- Satisfactory background check.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Project Management Software; Microsoft Office Suite and Proprietary Software.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to support leadership, management, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle quick changing environment.
- Friendly, courteous, professional, outgoing, and customer service oriented.
- Remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Detail oriented while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
- Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems.
- Team player with a "can do" attitude that can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional atmosphere for employees, clients and customers.
- Ability to expertly and aggressively market and sell company's brand and products.
Our Team Members enjoy:
• Competitive Salary
• Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Short-Term Disability Insurance
• Supplemental insurance options including Long-Term Disability
• 401K Matching Plan
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Program
• Vacation and Personal Days
A-C-T is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
Email your resume complete with a cover letter to: careers@A-C-T.com.
A-C-T has an opening for a Field Services Technician/CDL Driver/Heavy Equipment Operator in our corporate office located in Bartow, Florida.
A-C-T Environmental & Infrastructure, Inc. is a 30-year-old full-service environmental sciences and infrastructure services provider. A-C-T has a multi-disciplined staff with proficiencies in engineering, environmental & earth sciences, construction, emergency response, health & safety, and waste disposal. We offer full benefits including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, education assistance and matching 401k.
Voted Top Mid-Sized Environmental Firm to Work for by CE News
Voted Florida's Top 100 Companies to Work for 2010, 2012 and 2015 by Florida Trend
Voted 2008 -2015 Best Places to Work by CareerSource Polk
Thu, 31 Aug 2017 07:24:03 PDT