Staff Assistant (TEMPORARY POSITION)
Provide administrative support in student applications, maintenance and processing of student, faculty and/or staff policies and procedures. Will provide general office support during regular business hours
NOTE: This is a part-time temporary job with working hours Monday - Thursday from 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Duties and Tasks:
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar or related or a logical assignment to the position. Management may require incumbents to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Manage student files by collection of documents including applications, transcripts, letters of recommendation, and all other necessary documents.
- Managing a multi-line phone system and distributing calls as needed.
- Manage and coordinate administrative and office functions.
- Act as a liaison with University campus offices.
- Collect data for report preparation.
- Maintaining all necessary paperwork associated with staff.
- Other duties as assigned by director.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral, written and analytical skills.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Excellent customer service skills Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Datatel
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma plus two years administrative experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Job ID 2017-1632
Job Locations US-FL-Gainesville