Catering Field Representative - Catering
Requisition # 2017-7921
Department Campus Dining
Category Food Services and Dining
Date Posted 2 months ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Campus Dining is committed to the success of our students, faculty, staff, alumni, and visitors by nourishing them to be their healthy best while caring for the environment. We welcome team members who share our passion for serving and caring for our community through exceptional dining experiences. In collaboration with our campus partners, we craft culinary programs that deliver unique memorable experiences. Campus Dining brings together expertise in culinary, wellness, sustainability, procurement and hospitality to develop innovative programs in support of our diverse community. Our award winning food program is based on scientific and evidence-based principles of healthy sustainable menus that are prepared by our culinary team with high-quality ingredients.
We invite you to be part of our dynamic culinary team, grow as an individual and make an impact in a place where people, quality and value mean everything.
- Assists in overseeing all aspects of planning, booking and managing functions, food production, and service; paying close attention to menus and up and coming food and beverage trends.
- Participate in the purchasing, inventory, and issuance of food products. Maintains currency with, understands and ensures unit compliance with all university policies and procedures.
- Directly supervises and trains staff. Evaluates employee performance and provides guidance and feedback to assigned staff. Supervises bargaining unit employees to ensure compliance with the collective bargaining agreement and adherence to University policies and procedures.
- Assists with planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, scheduling and delegating responsibility to the staff, ensuring the goals and objectives of the operation are met on a daily basis by the staff.
- Monitors customer satisfaction through table touching, being present on the floor during functions, focus groups, and responding to customer inquiries. Develops and maintains client relations.
- Maintains and develops standards for service levels, hospitality, and sanitation. Provides training (to include aspects of service) and supervision to all staff for these standards. Maintains quality facilities.
- Ensures compliance with all state, local, and university food safety, work place safety, and HACCP policies and procedures.
- Assists and/or works in other units within Campus Dining as the needs arise, providing direct supervision and guidance to staff when required. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree in Hotel/Restaurant/Hospitality Management or related field preferred.
- At least two years of experience in a catering operation; three to four years of progressive experience in a catering operation or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- At least two years of supervisory experience in a unionized environment.
- Knowledge of New Jersey State Health Codes and procedures.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to regularly lift and control 40 pounds.
- Must be able to coordinate and delegate tasks to meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to take and give direction and work with others.
- Knowledge of computerized food production systems with ability to create recipes, develop menu forecasts, monitor standards, and control costs.
- Flexibility with scheduling. Weekend work and work outside of the unit required.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Princeton University requires some candidates to complete a physical capacity exam successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of physical capacity exam may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Princeton University is a residential community and an employer that operates continuously 24 hours a day. Essential services employees perform jobs that are necessary and required to maintain basic University operations during scheduled closures or unscheduled suspension of normal operations due to emergencies, events, or other situations. Essential services employees may be asked and/or required to perform jobs or duties that fall outside of their normal job classification during an emergency event. Learn more about our Essential Services policy.
Go to our careers site.