Advanced Practice Provider - Epilepsy
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Nature of Work:
Acute and chronic care of patients with Epilepsy (80-85%), as well as the care of patients with general neurological conditions (estimated 1-20% of patient load) at the University of Colorado Anschutz Outpatient Clinic and University of Colorado Hospital.
Examples of Work Performed
- Acute and chronic outpatient care of Epilepsy patients including symptomatic therapy, disease-modifying therapy, and health maintenance care.
- Participation in clinical trials.
- Education of nursing staff, pharmacy staff, medical students, and neurology residents.
- Periodic presentation of lectures to patients and others regarding neurological conditions and treatments.
- Service as first contact for clinician level patient communications.
- Ongoing CME is required.
- In-patient duties in the neuro-diagnostics monitoring unit including (but not limited to) admission and discharge of patients, daily progress notes with attendant documentation for these elective admissions.
- Participation in a variety of epilepsy subdivision clinics including (but not limited to) Tuberous Sclerosis clinic, Women with Epilepsy-Pregnancy clinic, NES clinic and Ketogenic Diet clinic.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- BA/BS degree and advanced PA or NP degree.
- License to practice in Colorado.
- Applicant must be willing to care for patients with chronic, sometimes severe illness.
Significant experience with neurological patients, especially epilepsy patients, and/or experience in management of chronic diseases in a subspecialty environment. Experience in primary care medicine is desirable. Must be willing to care for patients with chronic, sometimes severe illness.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10730
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20244 - SOM-Neurology
Posting Date: Aug 31, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Linda Friedman
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00737173