Business Services Senior Professional
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
Linda Crnic Institute for Down Syndrome
Business Services Senior Professional
Position #677022 - Requisition 10405
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
Linda Crnic Institute for Down Syndrome has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Business Services Senior Professional position.
Jobs in this career family provide general business operations of the organization or a combination of operational responsibilities covering multiple career families. Functions include institutional research, statistical analysis, policy development and review, strategic planning and broad unit business operations such as parking and transportation services, risk management, childcare services, real estate and property management, retail services or job responsibilities that combine fiscal, HR and operational management responsibilities.
Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently.
The Linda Crnic Institute for Down Syndrome Business Services Professional coordinates/supports Crnic's daily human resources, finance and procurement activities. This position also provides general administrative support to the Crnic Executive Director, including event management. This position is responsible for aligning the Institute activities with the policies and procedures of the department, School of Medicine and University, and assuring compliance with those policies. The Business Services Professional also represents the Institute within the School of Medicine and the University of Colorado, and provides essential communication and networking for effective functioning between the Sie Center for Down Syndrome, the Anna and John Sie Foundation, the Global Down Syndrome Foundation and The Children's Hospital.
This position reports directly to the Institute's Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) and receives direction from the Crnic Executive Director and Leadership Team. The Business Services Professional is the oversight of the daily personnel, finance and procurement functions of the Institute.
Examples of Work Performed:
Specific duties and responsibilities of the Linda Crnic Institute for Down Syndrome, Business Services Senior Professional may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage complex calendars for Crnic Leadership which includes preparing agendas and composing, preparing, and editing outgoing correspondence and presentation materials Plan and coordinate special events, including annual symposium and board meetings Coordinate administration of the Grand Challenge Grants program and the Blumenthal Fellowship Manage website maintenance
- Process a variety of personnel forms in multiple personnel systems. Includes position establishment, recruitment, affirmative action, hiring of staff, performance planning and appraisal, and termination processes in conjunction with the DFA Maintain appropriate personnel records
- Process invoices, requisitions and reimbursements, develops and reconciles expenses, investigates purchases, prepares and submits payment vouchers and ensures that all fiscal, State and UCD rules, regulations, and policies are followed Assist DFA, faculty and researchers with budget and routing paperwork and processing for grants submissions. Manages payroll and supply expenditures from grants and prepares reports upon request.
- Coordinate the Institute's purchasing and travel activities, including delegation of responsibilities and adherence to purchasing and travel policy, acquisition of capital equipment items, and contracting for services not provided by the University Coordinate all travel for the Executive Director and other CRNIC personnel
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
A bachelor's degree in business, business administration, finance, accounting , education, social sciences, healthcare administration, public administration, communications, information systems, or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 2 years of responsible accounting/budgeting experience and/or HR experience, preferably in an academic or medical setting
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis
- Experience with web site facilitation (preferably SharePoint)
- Experience and knowledge of fiscal rules and regulations associated with higher education (specifically UC Denver) is preferred; as well as working with faculty and staff
- Experience with CU Financial and HR systems (Oracle, Cognos, HCM, Marketplace, etc.)
- Event coordination experience
- Experience managing grant and gift funds
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Highly flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient with an unprecedented level of professionalism and discretion
- Problem solver and ability to interact effectively at all levels of University and community partners
- Demonstrated excellence in establishing work priorities and providing follow through, and meeting established deadlines
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Diane Lim at Diane.Lim@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21393 - SOM-Linda Crnic Inst Gen Ops
Posting Date: Aug 31, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Diane Lim
Posting Contact Email: Diane.Lim@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00677022