Diode Laser Test and Measurement Engineer
We seek a self-motivated and accomplished laser scientist / engineer to join our ranks to develop and evaluate a new generation of high power laser diodes.
- Research, develop, and evaluation of innovative high power diode laser bars
- Initiates, develops, designs and execute test plans for evaluating design innovations in existing products and evaluating prototypes of NPI and technology development programs
- Scope, budget, schedule, and assess risks of programs
- Initiates, develops, executes, and evaluates new procedures, processes and work instruction
- Participates in transition to production of NPI programs
- Work with other members of the engineering and operations staff to ensure that products are developed to meet all performance and quality standards in a timely matter.
- Communicate with vendors and customers on technical issues
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations to team members and management
- BS, MS, PhD in high power Semiconductor Laser Diodes
- 3-5 years industrial experience is preferred
- Well versed in theory and practice of semiconductor lasers and experimental methods to characterized their performance
- Hand-on optical laboratory skills including optical handling, assembly, and alignment
- Thorough knowledge and ability to measure optical and electrical properties of laser diodes with standard equipment
- Experience with some or all of the following: optical design, micron level tolerances, solid state, fiber or gas lasers, FEA, DFM, FMEA, kinematics, thermal modeling, mounting of optical components, optical alignment, and fixture design.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to interpret analysis and test results
- High tech experience within a fast-paced, start up environment
- Good experience and appreciation for ECM, NPI and other quality processes
- Successful track record accomplishing desired results
- Effective, hard worker with a team player "can-do" approach
TeraDiode Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
TeraDiode, a subsidiary of Panasonic, is a Massachusetts based high-growth startup and a world leader in developing high-power, high-brightness diode laser systems. Our kW-class direct diode laser technology is a disruptive force in the materials processing industry, which is currently dominated by fiber lasers and carbon dioxide lasers. Our patented wavelength beam combining technology was developed by our co-founders from MIT Lincoln Laboratory and is designed for defense, industrial, and commercial materials processing applications.
Thu, 31 Aug 2017 10:17:42 PDT