Clinical Research Manager (T3/Sarcoma)
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
University of Colorado Cancer Center
Clinical Research Manager (T3/Sarcoma)
Position # 00737094- Requisition 10942
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED: The deadline to apply for this position has been extended to December 12, 2017. If you have already applied, you may not apply again.
The University of Colorado Cancer Center has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Clinical Research Manager position.
Nature of Work:
The University of Colorado Cancer Center, located at the Anschutz Medical Campus, is Colorado's only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center, a distinction recognizing its outstanding contributions to research, clinical trials, prevention and cancer control. CU Cancer Center's clinical partner for adult care, University of Colorado Hospital is ranked in the top 25 by U.S. News and World Report for cancer care and Children's Hospital Colorado is ranked 8th by the same organization in Pediatric Cancer Care. The CU Cancer Center is a member of the prestigious National Comprehensive Cancer Network®, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers working to establish and deliver the gold standard in cancer clinical guidelines. CU Cancer Center also is a member of the Oncology Research Information Exchange Network (ORIEN), a unique research partnership among North America's top cancer centers leveraging multiple data sources and matching patients to targeted treatments. CU Cancer Center is a consortium of approximately 400 researchers and physicians at three state universities and three clinical institutions, all working toward one goal: Translating science into life.
The Clinical Research Manager is responsible for the implementation and conduct of clinical research trials in the Cancer Clinical Trials Office (CCTO) at the University of Colorado Cancer Center. This position is responsible for the oversight of all clinical studies and research staff in assigned programs.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Works with team Supervisor in regards to all clinical research personnel issues, including hiring, training and addressing performance issues with guidance from Senior Research Operations Manager; conducts quality assurance audits of employee performance, oversees any technical or problem solving issues as appropriate.
- Assists in the development of standard practices for department based on GCP guidelines and oversees implementation of practices among teams.
- Acts as an interdepartmental liaison with UCH clinic staff (incl. investigators, nurses, clinic support staff, laboratory, pharmacy, radiology).
- Plans and directs investigator and coordinator meetings (i.e. pre-study qualification visits, initial orientations, study audits, and closeout visits.) or delegates responsibility to team members as appropriate
- Performs pre-reviews of all regulatory documents prior to IRB submission to promote quality study flow and ensure that all governing regulations are being adhered to.
- Participates in cost savings/productivity strategies to meet or improve the department's operational budget; reviews monthly finance reports for designated clinical research programs and works with the finance team to resolve discrepancies and review account balances on a regular basis.
- Assures clinical research staff coverage is adequate to serve the needs of the Cancer Center.
- Participates in preparation for, conduct of and generation of responses to external audits.
- Oversees the protocol opening process to ensure shortest possible timelines are met, assists as needed and informs Operations manager of any problems in protocol opening
- Assists in the development, implement and maintenance of University of Colorado CCTO Cancer Center Policies and Procedures in relation to conducting multiple clinical research trials
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- BS or BA in Science, Health, Nursing, Business or other related discipline or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 5 years' clinical and/or research experience
- Minimum of 2 years' personnel management experience
Conditions of Employment:
- Certification & Licensure Required: Current HIPPA and GCP training (must have within 30 days of hire); current Clinical Research Certification (CCRC, CCRA, CCRP) OR eligible and willing to sit for next exam; must have certification within one year of employment. Failure to complete the certification requirement within one year may be cause for termination.
- Oncology experience (clinical or research)
- Experience working simultaneously with various sponsors and studies in multiple phases
- Experience working in an academic medical setting
- Experience in teaching, precepting and mentoring employees to clinical research
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal communication, organizational skills, and ability to problem solve and multi-task.
- Understands the phases and concepts of clinical trials and the overall philosophies of conducting cooperative group research as they differ with NCI sponsored, private industry and investigator initiated clinical trials.
- Knowledge of research study budgets
- Understanding of computer systems (specifically MS Office Suite) and ability to work efficiently within various applications. Examples of work include creating treatment care plans for submission, utilizing workload management tools, and implementation or use of CTMS programs.
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practices, FDA Rules and Regulations in relation to clinical trials, NIH guidelines, ICH guidelines and HIPAA regulations in relation to clinical trials, and NCI common toxicity definitions.
- Knowledge of basic human anatomy, physiology, and medical/pharmaceutical terminology
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Alison Sutton at Alison.Sutton@ucdenver.edu.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by December 12, 2017. Those who do not apply by December 12, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Research Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20066 - SOM-U of Colo Cancer Center
Posting Date: Nov 28, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Alison Sutton
Posting Contact Email: Alison.Sutton@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00737094