Event Operations Manager
University of Colorado Denver
CU South Denver location
Event Operations Manager
Position #211970 - Requisition 10948
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
CU South Denver has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Event Operations Manager position.
CU South Denver is managed by the University of Colorado Denver, a comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. All four CU campuses - CU Anschutz Medical Campus, CU Boulder, CU Colorado Springs, and CU Denver - collaborate in the success of the CU South Denver expansion. Located east of I-25 along Lincoln Ave. in Lone Tree, the building was donated to the University of Colorado in 2015. The gift of the entire building and operations allows for more services, more convenience, and more value to be delivered to South Denver residents, employers, and business professionals. Classes are offered for degree-seeking and continuing education students and include popular interest areas such as nursing, engineering, education and business. CU South Denver serves as a cultural center and community asset, including an art and natural history museum, a large-screen movie theater, K-12 museum education programs, and community events for all ages. Catered event space for business, weddings and the community are available for rent. CU South Denver is a fun, educational place to work and help others.
This position supports the needs of community constituents at the University of Colorado South Denver and is responsible for managing event space for facility rentals, catering, and special events, including CU non-instructional community events. The Events Operations Manager is responsible for setting up and tearing down of event space, ordering supplies, providing quality service and leadership support to the entire event operations staff.
This position oversees the Events Operations staff at the CU Denver South location. This position requires a high level of leadership and customer service skill, knowledge of event management, crisis management, and a professional can-do attitude. The successful candidate will be able to forecast, plan and manage the execution of all food and beverage functions, set and manage staff expectations and manage the financial obligations of the Event Operations department. The goal is to maximize sales revenue through customer satisfaction and employee engagement. This is a full-time position and requires the flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this position starts at $56,010 but may be commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- Bachelor's degree in culinary, food service management or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Four or more years of experience in event management (execution).
- One year of experience in a supervisory role.
- Experience providing excellent and quality customer service to multiple constituents.
- Experience managing budgets of $1,750,000 or more of annual revenue.
- Experience in leading and training banquet teams.
- Experience designing, coordinating and executing events consistent with up to date food and beverage trends and practice.
- Experience working within higher education.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Organized and able to manage multiple events with multiple deadlines.
- Up to date with food and beverages trends and best practices.
- Ability to meet financial targets.
- Guest-oriented and service-minded.
- Able to effectively report needs, issues, and solutions in order to improve and evolve the participant experience.
- Able to quickly and effectively exceed the needs of CU South Denver's internal and external customers.
- Flexible work style and attitude with a willingness to work as a member of a fast-paced team.
- Able to work independently in ambiguous situations with little direction.
- Self-starting, innovative thinker who is eager to create and develop new programs and initiatives.
- Able to successfully run a business and expand participation over time.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Sheri Kalina Jungman at Sheri.KalinaJungman@ucdenver.edu
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Application deadline is Friday, September 22, 2017
Job Category: Hospitality
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 60140 - ADM-VCSD BusOpEvent/Cater/Cafe
Posting Date: Aug 31, 2017
Closing Date: Sep 22, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Sheri Kalina Jungman
Posting Contact Email: Sheri.KalinaJungman@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00211970