IPE Coordinator (Part-Time)
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
University of Colorado Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education Coordinator (Part-Time, 0.5 FTE)
VCHA - Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education
Position # 00738371- Requisition 10950
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education has an opening for a part-time (0.5 FTE) University Staff (unclassified) University of Colorado Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education Coordinator position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Assist in forecasting costs, develop, monitor and reconcile IPE budget.
- Oversee the grant application process- Prepare grant budgets, review applications prior to routing, oversee preparation of necessary forms, ensure deadlines are met, maintenance of grant files, and facilitation of sub contracts.
- Oversee the allocation of ICR revenues from grants.
- Review appropriateness of charges per granting agency policies.
- Responsible for the financial oversight of the project funds.
- Project and analyze annual funds needed.
- Monthly review and approval of procurement card purchases.
- Review, track, and report expenditures on a monthly basis.
- Review and Approval of Purchase Requisitions, Interdepartmental invoices, SPO and POs in Marketplace system.
- Complete monthly financial spreadsheet.
- Research and resolve discrepancies.
- Process journal entries.
- Travel and Expense reports; approves travel reimbursements, including oversight of travel card program and travel for non-employees.
- Provide essential financial support to the department, PI, designees, and other involved business units.
- Responsible for the coordination of the effort to seek out grant opportunities.
- Coordinate and oversee timely and accurate response to WebSpace.
- Interact with Grants and Contracts to monitor, reconcile and finalize sponsored financial reports.
- Coordinate and administer electives across programs including finances, tuition oversight and collection, student enrollment, etc.
- Updates changes and/or corrections in HCM system.
- Collect and process monthly leave (sick, vacation, compensation and overtime) for administrative staff.
- Approval and submission of bi-weekly student assistant hours into HCM.
Human Resources Administration
- Developing and posting available jobs in CU Careers.
- Coordination and processing of new hires; letter of offer, background check, I-9 employment verification, etc.
- Liaison between employees and IPE, co-workers, Human Resources, Payroll, etc. Research all questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Coordinates the completion and submission of annual performance evaluations.
Other Duties as assigned
- Classroom course materials preparation.
- Administrative support for Director such as calendar management.
- Back up coordination of clinical/experiential educational offerings.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $18,133 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business, or related field and 1 year of experience with grants management and/or financial management.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis, but not for the specific experience.
- Experience of University of Colorado Finance system and processes, including reporting.
- Experience of University of Colorado Procurement system and processes.
- Experience of University of Colorado HCM system and processes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Adaptable and flexible in being able to turn attention to deadlines in a responsive matter.
- Ability to make recommendations to improve processes.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Spencer LaFasto at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by September 17, 2017. Those who do not apply by September 17, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 21449 - ADM-VCHA-Interprofsnl Ed-Admin
Posting Date: Aug 31, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Spencer LaFasto
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00738371