INFORMATION PROCESSING CONSULTANT
JOB NO.: 91959-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: PHARM/INFO TECHNOLOGY
Categories: Information Systems/Technology
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 91959-AS
Working Title: INFORMATION PROCESSING CONSULTANT
Official Title: INFORM PROCESS CONSLT(S44DN) or ASSOC INF PROC CONSLT(S44FN)
Hiring Department: A560700-SCHOOL OF PHARMACY/INFO TECHNOLOGY
Anticipated Begin Date: NOVEMBER 01, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $48,333 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent with desktop/applications support services experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred qualifications of this role include the following:
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Director (Creating accounts, security groups and permissions).
- Customer Service experience providing desktop support services.
- Knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, DHCP) and firewalls.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
The individual in this role must have the following work and education experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with desktop/applications support services experience or equivalent combination of eucation and experience.
- Proficiency in Apple products and software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Proficiency in Office 365/Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong customer service skills.
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and proactively address them.
This position is the primary point of contact for School of Pharmacy faculty and staff support of computers, peripherals, sotfware, software and audio-visual equipment. The Information Processing Consultant works collaboratively with the Instructional and Information Technology group. This position reports to the Director of Instructional and Information Technology.
Instructions to applicants:
To begin the application process please click on the "Apply Now" button. You will be required to submit a resume and cover letter as they relate to the requirements of the position by the specified deadline. Please address your cover letter to Michael Pitterle.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Aug 31 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Oct 1 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time