EDUCATOR OUTREACH SPECIALIST
JOB NO.: 91900-AS
Work Type: Staff Full or Part Time, Staff-Full Time, Staff-Part Time
Categories: Extension, Outreach, Public Engagement, Research, Scientific, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Terminal
Position Vacancy ID: 91900-AS
Working Title: Educator Outreach Specialist
Official Title: SR OUTREACH SPEC(S92BN) or OUTREACH SPECIALIST(S92DN) or ASSOC OUTREACH SPEC(S92FN)
Hiring Department: A177500-SCHOOL OF EDUCATION/WCER
FTE: 50% - 100%
Anticipated Begin Date: OCTOBER 15, 2017
Term: This position will end on APRIL 14, 2018.
Minimum $37,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
B.A. or B.S. in education or related field required. PreK-12 classroom teaching/administration experience preferably in ESL/Bilingual Education, desired.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Proficient with computer applications including Windows-based computing systems and Microsoft Office products; experience using a customer relationship management (CRM) preferred.
* Demonstrated history of strong organizational skills.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience working with PreK-12 educators as a teacher, support services specialist, or administrator.
* Ability to multitask and to exercise initiative, self-motivation, independent judgement and action.
* Experience working within or contributing to the development of a web-mediated environment that provides professional development, technical assistance, and educator resources.
* Knowledge of WIDA Standards and Assessment System and second language acquisition preferred.
* Knowledge of distance education learning technologies preferred.
* Experience living, working or studying abroad a plus.
* Working knowledge of Spanish or another foreign language preferred.
The Wisconsin Center for Education Research at the University of Wisconsin is home to WIDA (www.wida.us). This position will reside in the Client Relations department, which supports educators of English language learners through a variety of products and services related to our Standards and Assessments. The Educator Outreach Specialist, working in the Client Services Center, will be responsible for the development and delivery of technical assistance to educators from WIDA Consortium member states (currently 37) in the form of answering questions about test administration, training course accounts, and the WIDA standards for use in instruction. For this position, we are hiring five temporary staff at 50% time to work for 6 months during the call center's peak time.
WIDA has a deep and profound commitment to diversity both as an end in itself and as a valuable means for success in the field of education. As such, we strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of divesity and inclusion.
This position may be extended or made renewable depending on funding and departmental needs.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position please upload a cover letter addressed to Kelly Krahenbuhl, a current resume, and provide the names and contact information of three professional references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Aug 31 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Sep 21 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time