Travel and Expense Specialist
*Cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: The Travel and Expense Specialist is responsible for the knowledge of federal and state tax code and University policies and procedures as it relates to Accounts Payable functions (i.e. audit and/or review of transactional data). This position will also be responsible for maintaining high levels of professional customer service with our campus community and external partners.
- Audits/reviews Pcard statements and reimbursement requests for compliance with federal and state tax regulations, compliance with the University policies and procedures, accuracy, and correct FOAPAL elements.
- Investigates discrepancies in compliance, accuracy or coding, and communicates those discrepancies to the appropriate personnel, including employees and students.
- Enters reimbursement requests in the accounting system timely and accurately.
- Balances student refund data each payment run.
- Maintains and updates Pcard online system and Pcard database for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Offers improvements in processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness of Accounts Payable processes.
- Identifies root causes to Accounts Payable issues and identifies and implements solutions.
- Prepares journal entries relating to travel and expense reimbursements.
- Assists with the development of travel and other business expense procedures.
- Prepares scholarship letters for non-Wake Forest University students that were awarded non-qualified scholarships.
- Oversees approval structure and maintenance of revisions.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Associates degree in Business or related.
- Experience in general office procedures and 10-key proficiency.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects while meeting critical deadlines.
- Collaborate and effective communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment across multiple levels of the University.
- Perform quality work within deadlines and without direct supervision.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all duties and assignments.
- Knowledge of superior customer service standards and practices.
- Proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Responsible for own work.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States