Quality Training Specialist
Works closely with the Report and Certification Manager and with the Professional Learning team to update, develop, and facilitate new and existing professional learning experiences. Assists with training logistics. Maintains reliability with the national anchors on the PAS and BAS. Reviews assessments for certification and recertification.
• QUALITY SUPPORTS TRAINING LOGISTICS
• Respond to inquiries about trainings with Director of Professional Learning and/or Managers. Create contracts, training forms. Serves as the point person for clients. Assist with preparation of training materials for shipment. Coordinate and assist with material organization and room set-up for trainings. Coordinate and assist with on-site and off-site training logistics. Enter and summarize data for team and funder reports.
• TRAINING DEVELOPMENT AND FACILITATION
• Co-facilitate trainings and assist with trainings as necessary. Work with the Professional Learning Team to create and update training and webinar PowerPoints, handouts, and other materials. Assist in the development/revisions of academy content and facilitate portions of academies. Conduct PAS and BAS assessments for academy participants. Create sample documentation for PAS and BAS activities (transcripts, handouts). Participate in training video development (talent, organizing, transcribing, viewing). With PAS-BAS committee review and clarify indicators, update notes, and respond to questions. Create a database of BAS questions and answers. With QS team, develop and review publication materials (e.g., brochures, handouts, Web site). Serve as MCECL liaison to family child care providers. Assist in the translation of handouts, PowerPoints, etc. into Spanish (if possible).
• PAS and BAS ASSESSOR CERTIFICATION AND RECERTIFICATION
Participates in inter-rater reliability training and maintains required level of reliability with national anchors on the PAS and BAS. Complete at least two PAS and BAS visits for reliability a year. With Quality Supports team, improve recertification system. Assist in coordination and facilitation of recertification webinars and assessments of learning. Review and correct PAS and BAS certification assessments and complete feedback forms. Review certification and recertification assignments.
• GENERAL OFFICE AND TEAM SUPPORT
• Help keep common areas clean and tidy. Keep McCormick Center calendars current. Represent the Center in a professional and ethical manner.
Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree strongly preferred, in early childhood education or related field. Teaching or administrative experience in the field of early childhood education. Knowledge of adult learning theory as it applies to curriculum development and training implementation.
Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Experience as a workshop presenter and meeting facilitator.
Experience conducting different program quality assessments such as the PAS, BAS, Environment Rating Scales (ERS), or Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS).
Willingness to attend ongoing training to retain certification or reliability in administering and interpreting results for different program assessments and travel extensively. Strong writing and communication skills. Bilingual a plus