Loan and Work Study Coordinator
Loan and Work Study Coordinator
Posting Number: 0000654
Reports to: Director, Financial Aid
Department: Financial Aid
Full or Part-time: Full Time
Provides extraordinary customer service to students and staff members who require financial aid assistance. Provides oversight for all loan and work study programs at the College.
1. Provides financial aid advising to students and families regarding application, eligibility, awarding and processing.
2. Manages the Direct Loan program and all alternative and institutional loan programs.
3. Manages the College’s work study programs.
4. Implements and manages an effective default management program.
5. Performs verification, professional judgment, and other eligibility related processing of student files.
6. Conducts financial aid workshops both on and off campus.
7. Assists with entry of students’ financial aid to their school accounts.
8. Serves as back up support for other areas of the Financial Aid Office.
9. Keeps abreast of federal and state financial aid regulations.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Under the limited supervision of the Director of Financial Aid, the Loan and Work Study Coordinator is responsible for providing excellent customer service and administering all of the student loan programs as required by federal law and LMC policy.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Two years experience in a related area required. Experience in a customer service oriented environment preferred. Must be proficient in Excel and Word. Prior experience with Banner strongly preferred. Excellent customer service and organizational skills. Some late nights and Saturday hours will be required. Confidentiality.
Salary Range: $38,264 - $44,045
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Official College transcripts required upon hire.
Open Date: 08/28/2017
To apply, visit https://lmc.simplehire.com/postings/2818
About Lake Michigan College
Lake Michigan College is a community college in southwest Michigan. We have three campuses --two of which are located ten minutes from our namesake’s breathtaking shoreline.
Like other community colleges, we offer associate degrees, certificates, and even a baccalaureate degree. But what sets us apart from our peers is our seemingly limitless potential and our people - people who care deeply about our region’s future and who are committed to student success and exemplary educational programs, strong alignments with both established and emerging industries, and productive partnerships with the communities we serve.
Faculty and staff at LMC enjoy excellent benefits and a supportive and friendly work environment. LMC recently received a Capital Outlay grant from the State of Michigan and a new millage from the southwest Michigan community, so the college’s facilities will be getting innovative, sustainable upgrades in the next few years that will contribute to the comfort, productivity and collaborative environment for all employees.
Living in Southwest Michigan
Southwest Michigan attracts millions of tourists who come for our beaches, wineries, and nationally acclaimed golf courses. But many who visit, choose to stay for our great schools, low cost of living, and high quality of life.
LMC’s main campus is nestled in a watery and wooded wildlife sanctuary, yet it’s less than a half-day’s drive from major metro areas including Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Indianapolis.