Director of Library Learning Resources
El Camino College
Director of Library Learning Resources
Division: Learning Resources
Close Date: 10/09/2017
Complete job description and application available online at: https://elcamino.igreentree.com/css_academic
Under the direction of the Vice President-Academic Affairs, provide leadership and oversight of the operations of Library Services, the Distance Education program, the Library Media Technology Center, and the Learning Resources Center. Coordinate the activities of personnel involved in these areas.
• Manage and coordinate Library/Learning Resources programs, facilities and operations.
• Provide direction for the College’s learning resources and academic support programs in library services, instructional technology, distance learning, and information competency/literacy.
• Provide leadership for program development and coordinate programs and services to meet the needs of the college community.
• Supervise diverse faculty and staff in the development and maintenance of programs and services.
• Work effectively with faculty, staff, and administrators in a participatory governance environment to accomplish the mission and goals of the College.
• Set priorities for various resource needs, provide program analyses and participate in strategic and long-range planning for the District. Establish annual objectives and plans.
• Recommend and participate in the development of policy, as necessary, for the District to implement, evaluate, augment, and respond to outreach and non-traditional programs and services and needs.
• Directly interact with students, faculty, staff, administrators, and advisory councils or groups.
• Work closely with applicable stakeholders in developing proposals for grants and contract support.
• Organize committees for hiring and ensure compliance with District personnel policies, procedures, and practices for the employment of faculty, classified staff, student workers and short term, temporary and substitute employees.
• Supervise and evaluate faculty and staff.
• Manage personnel issues and adjudicate faculty, staff, and student concerns.
• Provide leadership in developing the area’s budget.
• Manage financial resources consistent with College policy and sound financial management principles.
• Maintain currency of knowledge of legal requirements and academic regulations that impact department programs, operations and services.
• Recommend changes to maintain relevance of programs to meet the educational needs of students and the community.
• Perform assigned program management responsibilities.
• Direct and coordinate the introduction of new technologies.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Understand and practice the principles of administration, supervision and budgeting within a Library and Learning Resources environment.
• Plan and organize work.
• Assess and evaluate programs and personnel.
• Communicate effective orally and in writing.
• Work cooperatively with others.
• Lead and direct the work of others.
• Develop consensus among a diverse range of interests and maintain effective working relationships.
• Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Requires a Master’s degree or equivalent* in one of the following fields: Library Science, Library and Information Science, Educational Technology, or Instructional Technology. Candidates should also have three full-time years of post-secondary leadership experience or equivalent in one or more of the following areas: library services, educational technology, media support, distance education, or academic support programs.
One year of teaching experience at the community college level.
Experience in managing multi-department budgets.
Knowledge of computer and web based technologies relevant to Library/Learning Resources.
Must be sensitive to and have an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic backgrounds of students, and of persons with disabilities.
*Equivalency to be determined using the California Community Colleges Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in CCC as referenced in Title V, Section 53407.
SALARY RANGE: $114,089 - $132,276 Annually
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Full-time, twelve-month administrative contracted position. Excellent fringe benefits including eight 32-hour work weeks during the summer. Candidates selected for employment must agree to be fingerprinted, provide current tuberculosis test results, provide proof of eligibility for employment in the United States, and present a valid Social Security card upon hire.
Applicants must submit the following documents by the closing date:
1) Online application: https://elcamino.igreentree.com/css_academic
2) Cover letter describing how applicant meets each of the required and desired qualifications listed in the job announcement.
3) Resume including educational background, professional experience, and related personal development and accomplishments.
4) Pertinent transcripts (only in pdf format) as stated in the required qualifications. (Unofficial computer-generated academic records/transcripts must include the name of the institution and degrees awarded to be acceptable.) Multiple page transcripts must be loaded as ONE pdf document.
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA.
5) Evidence of a valid community college credential, if applicant holds one.
Please Note: Documents submitted or uploaded for a previous position cannot be reused for other positions. You must submit the required documents for each position you apply for by the closing date. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application. Applications with an incomplete status will not receive consideration. You may check the status of your application online.
If you need assistance you may call 310-660-3593 Ext. 3807 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
Closing Date: Monday, October 9, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.
El Camino College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The El Camino Community College District provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Only individuals identified for FINAL interviews are eligible to have their expenses paid. Reimbursement will be limited to economy airfare (to and from point of origin) and for meals and lodging. The maximum allocated for meals, lodging and transportation is $600. Candidate must complete a Travel Request and Reimbursement Form and submit it together with all supporting documentation to the Human Resources Office.