10003819 - Assistant Director of Student Services and Outreach
Assistant Director of Financial Aid Student Services and Outreach
Office of Financial Aid
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 2.1
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Assistant Director, Financial Aid Student Services and Outreach in the Office of Financial Aid. Reporting to the Associate Director, Financial Aid Student Services and Outreach, the Assistant Director, Financial Aid Student Services and Outreach will assist in the daily operations of the Student Services and Outreach Team. Supervising approximately 8 Financial Aid Counselors, the Assistant Director will serve as a point of contact for escalated students issues and training. The Assistant Director will coordinate special projects, identify large-scale issues and provide strategies for their resolution. The Assistant Director will also participate in collaborative efforts to organize workflow, develop and monitor interdepartmental processes and update office policies and procedures. Occasional travel between local UMUC locations may be required.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Supervise approximately eight members of the Student Services and Outreach team including: training, assigning, directing work, evaluating performance, addressing complaints, and resolving problems. The Assistant Director will work closely with other campus offices and outside constituencies for student resolution
- Manage several ongoing projects. Analyze complex financial aid processing issues and identify methods to increase efficiency and visibility
- With input from the Associate Director, assist with the writing of student communications, internal audits, and coaching staff on all quality assurance findings
- Counsel and advise students and parents on financial aid processes/eligibility. Participate in outreach efforts and university sponsored enrollment events
- Maintain current knowledge of federal Title IV regulations, state rules and institutional policies pertaining to financial aid and develop and present strategic training to internal and external staff members
- Other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning and a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of FA experience
- Working knowledge of Title IV regulations
- Strong technical skills in PeopleSoft and Microsoft Office Applications; Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple workflows with varying deadlines
- Attention to detail
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters preferred
- Prior FA training experience and/or training/policy development
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.