Antelope Valley College
Part-time, 50%, 12 months (Work days/hours: Monday thru Thursday, 10:00am – 2:00pm, Friday, 8:00am – 12:00pm)
Salary: Range 11, $1,626.65/mo.
Deadline: October 10, 2017
Under the direction of the Director of Contracts and Purchasing Manager (PACS), receives and delivers merchandise to appropriate individuals; assist with tagging of fixed assets and input related data and information into the computer; enters warehouse requisition accounts into the computer; assists with filling and delivering warehouse orders; operates fork lift and other District vehicles as required; assists with resolving problems as they arise. Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES: E = indicates essential duties of the position
• Receives merchandise from a variety of vendors; matches the content of each parcel with the purchase order and packing slip to ensure the contents are damage free and consistent with the documentation; ensures partial and full shipments are properly documented. (E)
• Notifies parties of shipment arrivals; arrange for and/or makes deliveries to appropriate locations. (E)
• Tags, documents, and input tag, serial, and model numbers into computer and other identifying markings for fixed assets and
controlled items. (E)
• Maintains receiving and shipping records of incoming and outgoing freight. (E)
• Transports bulk mail to the post office. (E)
• Operates a forklift, electric carts, and other District vehicles as required. (E)
• Assists in arranging equipment and personnel to handle large and/or heavy deliveries.
• Makes special deliveries as requested.
• Returns defective materials and equipment; rejects receipt of incorrect items.
• Investigates and uses approved freight carriers for outgoing shipments; packs, labels and weigh outgoing freight.
• Responds to inquiries regarding problem situations in shipping/receiving.
• Assists in pulling supply orders and processing requisitions; checks, logs, records, fills orders, and stages for delivery.
• Maintains requisition files, shipping/receiving records, freight claims, and parcel deliveries.
• Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school or G.E.D. equivalent and/or one year experience in a warehouse facility.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Valid California driver's license.
Qualify for a valid forklift certificate within first 90 days in this classification.
• Policies and objectives of assigned warehouse activities.
• Record-keeping techniques.
• Operation of a truck, fork lift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
• Health and safety regulations.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Coordinate and participate in a school district warehouse operation.
• Receive, inspect, store, pick-up and distribute supplies, materials and equipment.
• Follow safe practices as prescribed by California OSHA.
• Operate a personal computer to enter data and generate records and reports.
• Maintain appropriate stock levels.
• Learn District organization, operations, policies and objectives.
• Establish and maintain effective inventory and warehouse procedures.
• Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
• Understand and follow oral and written directions.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Operate a variety of standard warehouse equipment.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Meet schedules and time lines.
• Observe legal and defensive driving practices.
WORK DIRECTION, LEAD AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Not applicable – no permanent full-time employees to supervise or direct.
CONTACTS: Co-workers, other departmental personnel, vendors, and delivery drivers. PHYSICAL EFFORT:
• Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling heavy objects.
• Bending at the waist.
• Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally.
• Standing for extended periods of time, walking.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer and other equipment and vehicles.
• Warehouse and outdoor environment.
• Driving a vehicle to conduct work.
• Regular exposure to fumes, dust and odors.
• Driving a vehicle during adverse weather conditions.
For a complete listing and details of all open positions and how to apply, select the HR & Employment link on the AVC Web site at www.avc.edu or contact the Human Resources Office at (661) 722-6311; Voice/Relay, (661) 722-6300 x. 6360, 3041 West Avenue K, Lancaster, CA 93536.