Coord of Ath Media Productions
Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 4726 - FT - Unclassified (salaried)
The Coordinator of Athletic Media Productions is a production-heavy position (both live and non-linear) that reports to the Assistant Athletics Director for Broadcasting.
- Oversee the development, production and television distribution for Miami Athletics. This includes producing a variety of video content, but main focus will be on managing at least 35 ESPN3 events.
- Other promotional materials include: image spots, commercials, press conferences, television series, and sports highlight reels.
- Recruit, hire, staff and train personnel for all ESPN3 productions.
- Recruit students to be part of the television production team.
- Shoot, edit, load video for ESPN3 game day production.
- Manage all personnel issues, including changes and needs for production.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve all technical issues with production equipment. This may include repairs to equipment or fixing any long term issues with equipment.
- Organize, archive and store all game footage for all sports for Miami Athletics.
- Work with Miami's Coordinator of Social Media in content creation for other areas of Miami's Athletic Department.
- Assist with video content for www.MiamiRedHawks.com when available.
- This position will be asked to work many late nights and weekends.
- Bachelor's degree required in telecommunications, visual communications, film production or other related field.
- Two to three years of experience required.
- Experience in live broadcast production.
- Two to three years of experience in video editing.
- Knowledge of Ross Carbonite Switcher, Ross Expressions Graphics System, Tricaster Switcher, and 3-Play Replay unit.
- Knowledge of lighting, cabling and equipment management.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong technical background in video engineering, live streaming support and electrical connectivity.
- Experience in a problem solving environment in both technical and creative means for projects.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.