Lead Process Engineer
Job Title: Lead Process Engineer
Location: Devens, MA
Reports to: Engineering Manager
The Lead Process Engineer will provide process engineering leadership to develop and implement process concepts and designs on technically complex projects. The lead process engineer is responsible for coordinating with other disciplines including software engineers, electrical engineers and designers and also client personnel to ensure the design requirements are met. Project sizes will vary, and will consist primarily of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or industrial process systems.
In addition to the basic qualifications listed below, the successful candidate shall possess the skills required to successfully develop and execute project tasks and deliverables, be a collaborative team player, and have a strong drive to deliver to customers.
• Gathering process data and developing project requirements.
• Directing the development of mass balances and detailed equipment lists for complex processes.
• Developing process description narratives, process flow diagrams, and P&IDs.
• Working with the PM and other discipline leads to ensure process deliverables and all the necessary details related to the process are delivered on time, fully coordinated, and within the project budget.
• Researching process equipment providers and making recommendations and selections based on client and project requirements.
• Writing process equipment specifications for complex equipment.
• Writing testing requirements and attending factory acceptance tests (FATs) for equipment.
• Following projects after construction documents are issued and reviewing submittals, answering RFIs, and making field visits to verify progression of process scope is proceeding per the intent of the design.
• Directing activities of CAD and Designer support staff.
• Staying abreast of the latest technologies used in our industry and being aware of the approximate costs of the various technologies that could be used to solve our clients' design challenges.
Required Experience & Knowledge:
• Degree in Chemical or Bio Engineering preferred
• 8-14 years of experience, much of this preferably in a design firm setting
• Experience with developing process strategies/philosophies for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or industrial processes required
• Experience with FDA, EMA, and other regulatory standards and requirements required
• Experience with MS Office products especially Word, Visio and Excel required
• Ability to lead a project from a process perspective, to direct the process design effort required
• Ability to present process designs to existing and new clients required
• Advanced knowledge and application of cGMP required
• Advanced knowledge and application of ASME BPE required.
• Ability to direct process design activities and lead a team of engineers required
LEWA Process Technologies designs, builds, automates and installs process equipment for customers in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, semiconductor, personal care, --or in any industry where the integrity and purity of fluids are regulated or of intrinsic importance. We are the global center of excellence for the LEWA Group in systems for the life sciences, (biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical). By integrating all aspects of process design, automation, fabrication, installation, and service in a single company, we give our customers a fast, well-conceived, economical, and reliable path to processing brilliance.
Our company stands on the core values of honesty, integrity, and trust--principles that underscore the approach we take to our products, an unflagging commitment to precision and quality, and in the way we conduct business, with straightforward candor and fair mutual dealing. From our 21,000 s.f. (2000 m2) manufacturing headquarters in Devens, MA (U.S.), our dedicated team of more than 70 process engineers, mechanical engineers, highly certified welders and assemblers, automation specialists and project managers produce ingenious solutions--built around best-in-class LEWA pumps.
Wed, 30 Aug 2017 04:27:30 PDT