Writer and Editor
Academic Search, Inc. is accepting applications for a Writer and Editor.
The Writer and Editor is an independent contractor to the firm. This role will carry the distinct responsibility of responding to proposal requests, preparing client presentations, drafting and editing firm documents and preparing the copy of marketing materials for meetings and conferences. The highest ethical standards are paramount.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Writer and Editor include but are not limited to the following:
Develop customized proposals for submission to requesting entities
- Research and customize each proposal, and deliver in a timely manner allowing adequate time for appropriate senior consultants to review and for others to prepare needed documents or reports
- Ensure accuracy of information presented in proposals and client presentations
- Coordinate the dissemination of the proposal responses with the Chief Operating Officer
- Maintain consistency among references for the senior consultants, format resumes and draft bios for our team, as needed
- Continually update and improve standard templates
- Produce correspondence as requested by senior consultants (i.e.: letter of intent, welcome letters, introductory letters, etc.)
- Provide edited copy of new website materials as needed
- Provide edited copy of new marketing materials as needed
- Provide edited copy of white papers, thought pieces, op-eds, etc. as needed
Prepare client presentations
- Research and create customized client presentations in consultation with the senior consultant and central office staff as needed
- Substantial business writing and/or proposal writing experience
- Demonstrated MS Office skills essential-Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
- Work experience at a college, university or higher education related organization is strongly preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit that leads to meeting or exceeding client expectations
Professional Skills Required:
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism, ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors and work in a distributed work environment
- Adeptness as working with different personalities and quirks of a distributed work team, including multiple US time zones
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Strong oral and written communication skills including command of the English language
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work as needed to complete projects
- Ability to adapt to new technology systems
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Access to the internet and a reliable computer
This will be an independent contract for the firm under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer. There are no benefits available as an independent contractor. We will provide you the deadlines for the work and you will work as you determine best to meet those deadlines.
Applications should include:
- Cover letter that describes your interest in joining Academic Search, Inc. detailing how you meet the candidate requirements.
- Complete resume
- Writing sample
- Names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of four references, along with a note explaining the nature of your working relationship with each. No references will be contacted without explicit permission of the candidate.
Application materials can be submitted in confidence to email@example.com.
Academic Search, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, physical disabilities, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.