Seasonal Long Island Regional Recruiter
The State University of New York College of Agriculture and Technology at Cobleskill is an accredited polytechnic college that is primarily baccalaureate and residential. SUNY Cobleskill is one of few institutions in the United States where an undergraduate student may also choose to earn an associate degree. The College has an enrollment of approximately 2,500 students in 52 programs divided into two schools - Agriculture and Natural Resources; Business and Liberal Arts & Sciences. An economic engine for rural New York, SUNY Cobleskill is home to a wide array of extended learning and professional development opportunities.
Modeling experiential education, SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing small classes, excellent facilities, and a hands-on learning environment. Whether students plan to further their education or begin their professional careers, they graduate with the foundation to pursue their goals and to succeed.
The Admissions team at SUNY Cobleskill is seeking a Seasonal Long Island Regional Recruiter to join it's staff. The incumbent in this position will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manage a recruitment territory including: targeted visits to high schools, attending college fairs, hosting recruitment events, communication/outreach, and seasonal progress reports.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of SUNY Cobleskill, including academic programs, extracurricular activities, and scholarships and financial aid.
- Communicate effectively and consistently with prospective students in a variety of mediums.
- Work to track, complete, and yield applications for assigned region. Includes incomplete outreach to applicants and guidance offices.
- Maintain comprehensive databases to track progress and construct regional reports.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with high school counselors and other admissions professionals.
- Actively participate in staff meetings via skype, training programs, and campus recruitment programs.
- Maintain daily communication with the office during all recruitment trips.
- Provide comprehensive schedule of recruitment activities and events including detailed travel itinerary and budget information. Recommend updates and revisions as needed. Submit travel and expense reports.
- Participate in some on-campus recruitment and training events.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree is required
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team of admissions professionals
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and accountability
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as needed
- Applicant must reside in or near the Long Island area, or be willing to relocate.
In addition to the aforementioned minimum qualifications, it is also preferred that the candidate have:
- 3+ years admissions or high school guidance office experience
- Previous experience working as a regional recruiter