STAFF ACCOUNTANT – GENERAL ACCOUNTING
The Staff Accountant – General Accounting is responsible for preparing journal entries, monthly balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules for the annual audited financial statements. The Staff Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager and works closely with others in the Finance and Business offices.
- Collaborates with other departments, including Student Accounts, Student Financial Services, Development, and Accounts Payable to facilitate day-to-day cash monitoring.
- Prepares bank reconciliations and journal entries for depository and accounts payable bank accounts.
- Prepares balance sheet account reconciliations and reports for accounts payable, accrued liabilities, and other assigned general ledger accounts.
- Maintains the fixed asset system, reconcile fixed asset accounts to the general ledger, and prepare supporting fixed asset schedules and footnotes for the annual audited financial statements. Prepare the financial statements for the plant funds. Coordinates with Capital Projects Budgeting.
- Records all general ledger transactions and balance sheet account reconciliations related to Perkins and other Student Loans receivable. Prepares financial statements and supporting schedules for the loan funds.
- Analyzes general and operating ledger accounts on a routine basis and at year-end.
- Prepares the financial statements and supporting schedules and footnotes for the deferred giving funds. Record the adjustments to the deferred giving liability.
- Reconciles accounts payable and accrued liabilities to the general ledger.
- Assists with year-end analyses and schedules as required for financial statement preparation and annual year-end financial statement audit.
- Researches inquiries from College departments and proposes solutions.
- Performs other special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration.
- Experience with monthly closings, account reconciliations, or variance analysis.
- Works well as part of a team, within a fast paced environment.
- Strong spreadsheet and pivot table experience.
- Prior not for profit experience a plus.
- Exempt from overtime. Extra time will be required during peak seasons.
How to Apply: Please submit resume, letter of application, and three references through the following website: http://apply.interfolio.com/44442.