Associate Director of Admissions
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Associate Director of Admissions
Recruitment & Admissions - 6510520
Cover Letter, Resume
Directly reporting to the Executive Director of Admissions, the Associate Director of Admissions oversees the recruitment efforts and activities for new incoming students at Georgia Gwinnett College. The position is an important role, responsible for accomplishing enrollment initiatives for the College.
- Direct supervision of Assistant Director of Admission and Admission Counselors. Hiring, training and development of Admission Counselors
- Assist in determining and tracking progress toward recruitment goals including, but not limited to, Admission Counselor territory goals and maintaining recruitment calendar
- Develop, manage and conduct: high school visits, college fairs, campus tours, and other recruitment related events
- Counsel with prospective students and parents, as required
- Assist with development of communication strategies and manages communication projects, as required
- Provide reports and matrix related to recruitment activities
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- Three years of experience in Admissions, Recruitment or Higher Education
- Master's degree
- Five years of experience in Admissions, Recruitment, or Higher Education
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Physical, Environmental, and Travel Demands
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends).