Director of Procurement
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2017-098
Posting Start Date: 8/31/2017
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: $68,681 - $77,346
Director of Procurement
Overview of position:
The Director of Procurement serves as a key member of the Vice President's leadership team. The Director of Procurement focuses on strategic oversight and management of the College's procurement functions, while serving as the College's principal and chief procurement officer. The Director of Procurement ensures compliance with all local, state, and federal laws related to procurement. The Director of Procurement supervises the department to ensure accurate and timely processing and controls.
- Oversees, plans, directs, organizes and authorizes all procurement activity for the College
- Provides leadership and guidance to Procurement staff, including assigning, reviewing, and approving the work of staff
- Responsible to review and approve contracts for the purchase of goods and services, ensuring consistency, completeness, and protection of the college in legal matters related to all agreements.
- Responsible for oversight of the contract management and purchasing systems, and implementation of enhancements.
- Responsible to manage the coordination of approvals for purchasing ensuring accuracy, consistency, clarity, and timeliness.
- Responsible for strategic planning for centralized college wide major purchases.
- Other duties as assigned
Employees in this classification receive supervision from the Vice President of Business and Finance
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a business-related field;
- Minimum of five (5) years progressive procurement experience with high volume, high dollar transactions;
- Minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience.
- Master's degree preferred;
- Procurement-related certification preferred;
- Experience in an institution of Higher Education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.