Visiting Project Coordinator - Human Development and Familty Studies (A1700533)
Department of Human Development and Family Studies
College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Position: This is a full-time, twelve-month, non-tenured, visiting academic professional position. The Visiting Project Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating various transdisciplinary research projects based at the Family Resiliency Center that address issues such as children's health and the reduction of food insecurity. Position may become permanent depending on funding and needs of the department.
Available: As soon as possible after search close date.
1. Coordinate the recruitment and data collection for assigned research projects.
2. Work with research team in developing, administering and managing assigned research project budgets.
3. Coordinate communication, meetings, and correspondence with project investigators, funders, and other key stakeholders.
4. Supervise and train undergraduate research assistants on assigned research projects.
5. Coordinate research project data management with FRC Biostatistian.
6. Monitor and track assigned research project documents and information, including project website, to ensure all information is current and accurate.
7. Ensure project compliance with Institutional Review Board Guidelines research protocols.
8. Work with FRC Communication Specialist on translating research findings for policy and practice.
9. Assist investigators in the preparation of project reports.
Bachelor's degree in psychology, human development, social work, public health, or related field. Experience in managing and administering project budgets. Ability to manage multiple project efficiently. Ability to coordinate and work with multiple investigator teams. Outstanding organizational and coordination skills. Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Master's degree in psychology, human development, social work, public health, or related field. Familiarity with database and statistical programs. Familiarity with University-based human subjects research.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Closing Date: In order to receive full consideration applications must be received by September 20, 2017.
Start Date: As soon as possible after the closing date.
Application Process: Please upload electronically a letter of interest, resume, two writing samples, and the names and contact information of three professional references to: https://jobs.illinois.edu/default.cfm?page=job_board
For further information, please contact Brenda Koester at firstname.lastname@example.org or (217)244-6486 or visit the www.familyresiliency.illinois.edu.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: ACES
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Visiting Project Coordinator - Human Development and Familty Studies (A1700533)
Open Date: 08/30/2017
Close Date: 09/20/2017
Organization Name: Human Dvlpmt and Family Studies