GRANTS AND CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR
GRANTS AND CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR
Medicine - General
Major responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Administrative oversight of a grants and contracts portfolio for the Department of Medicines divisions of Infectious Disease, Endocrinology, Rheumatology,and Geriatrics.
- Projects within the portfolio will include federal funding,foundations support,international components, Phase I - Phase III clinical trials, and industry sponsored clinical trials.
- Responsible for assigned projects and financial project portfolio of all sponsored research, which include closeouts, overdraft management, A/R monitoring, etc. Partner with team members supporting non-industry sponsored research projects.
- Initiate, lead, manage, and complete special projects to enhance financial management across the Department.
- Coordinate with divisional administrators to manage operational issues and interpretation of governing regulations and requirements (including Uniform Guidance, sponsor terms and conditions, and Duke Policy).
- Manage and distribute reports to monitor award status and projects pending to Division Administrators managing and/or contributing to decisions regarding internal funding and collaborate to identify areas of institutional research priorities.
- Communicate, facilitate,prioritize, and problem-solve with investigators,administrative staff, and division administration to ensure quality,efficient, and cost-effective support is provided, and respond to complex award management issues as required.
- Accurately conveying appropriate policies, processes and procedures that will ensure compliant financial management.
- Make decisions and take action consistent with available facts,constraints and anticipated consequences.
- Provide ongoing education and training for financial management team members,which include eRA@Duke initiatives, financial systems, accounting principles, and Duke/Federal/sponsor policies and procedures.
- Create and implement processes to ensure compliance with new and existing Federal regulations.
- Actively participate and provide recommendations related to new system implementations or enhancements to existing systems.
- Establish and implement project management plans for complex projects
2647 GRANTS AND CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires communications, analytical and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.Research or grants education and/or certification is preferred.Successful completion of Financial Services Introduction to R3,Introduction to Duke GL, Introduction to Accounting, Sponsored Research Reporting, Research Administration at Duke (on-line), Basic Compliance(on-line) within first six months of hire is required.Successful completion of the Research Administration Academy (RAA) is required. Employees hired into this classification without RAA training will work closely with their manager to schedule and complete the training within 12 months of start date. The expectation is that the staff member will maintain the requirements for their level. Failing to meet these requirements will be addressed through the performance review process. Upon successful completion of expected training, the employee must maintain certification(s) by completing continuing education requirements.
No experience required for candidates who possess a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a field of study directly related to the specific position.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.