Perform a variety of technical and statistical duties involved in management and analysis of multiple large-scale datasets in conjunction with a research program in support of a statistical function.
1. Manages several large-scale longitudinal and cross-sectional datasets with phenotypic and genotyping information including (but not limited to) such tasks as downloading, updating, maintaining original data, performing data formatting and pre-processing, and quality control procedures. 10%
2. Constructs various phenotypic and genetic data files from original datasets as required for specific subprojects including combining multiple disparate raw databases using relevant software. Assists in harmonization of various phenotypes across examinations and different studies. 10%
3. Performs basic, intermediate, and advanced level statistical analyses under minimal supervision. Generates required statistical output (e.g., tables, listings and figures) and participates in preparation of papers for publications and presentations. 40%
4. Develops own codes using relevant software (e.g., SAS, R, Matlab) and validates results in collaboration with researchers. 20%
5. Conducts analyses using advanced mathematical models developed in the research team. Assists in development of new advanced mathematical models and their implementation and dissemination in collaboration with other senior statisticians and researchers. 5%
6. Collaborates with Principal Investigator, senior researchers and statisticians regarding data management and statistical and modeling needs. Understands and complies with Data Use Agreements and other relevant regulations related to data management and analyses. 5%
7. Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein. 10%
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel for this position.
Education - Work requires a minimum of a Master's degree in (bio)statistics or related field and no relevant experience, or a Bachelor's degree in (bio)statistics or related field and 2 years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination or relevant education and/or work experience. Ideal candidate will have Master degree with 4+ years of experience in statistical analyses of data, or PhD in statistics, applied mathematics, or directly related field with 2+ years of experience.
Experience - Work requires experience in using SAS in Windows and Linux environments. A working knowledge of statistical software (e.g., R and/or Matlab) and solid command of the English language is required. Prior contribution to analysis of research projects and/or academic manuscripts (especially in genetic association and linkage analyses) is desirable. Experience in working with (and/or developing of) bioinformatics tools such as Bioconductor packages is a plus. Experience in using Medicare and other data for studying biological, pharmacological, and medical aspects of chronic aging related diseases is a plus. Knowledge of other-than-SAS statistical software (R, MATLAB) is a plus. Interest to research on aging is a plus.
2239 STATISTICIAN II
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a minimum of a Master's degree in statistics, (bio)statistics or related field and no relevant experience, or a Bachelorsdegree in statistics, (bio)statistics or related field and 2 yearsrelevant experience, or an equivalent combination or relevant educationand/or work experience.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.