The Admissions Coordinator will interface with prospective students and provide valuable administrative and coordination support to the Admissions Department. This position is responsible for maintaining compliance related to all admissions documents for new student applicants, including reviewing and processing files of new student applicants for completeness; and processing new student transcript requests for evaluation.
- Greets visitors and prospective students; refers prospective students to Admissions Officers.
- Enters data including student inquiries and applications into the Admissions Information System.
- Reviews files of new student applicants for completeness, scans completed files and submits them to the Records office.
- Processes new student transcript requests, submits transcripts to Central Transcript Team, and conducts follow-up with institutions as necessary until official transcripts have been received.
- Prepares external correspondence, including certification of enrollment as requested.
- Calls inquiries, prospective students, and new students as directed (e.g., interview confirmations).
- Reviews admissions reports with Campus Director.
- Provides assistance to the Campus Director, Admissions Manager, and Admissions Officers as required. Operates campus switchboard and inbox; receives incoming calls and emails and transfers them to appropriate offices.
- Reviews inventory, orders office supplies, and ensures campus is organized.
- Distributes incoming mail.
- Completes role specific training.
- Two years of college is preferred
- At least one-year of administrative or coordinator experience is required
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Be detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Must have strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- No travel required
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.