Director, Regulatory Affairs
Position reports to the senior vice president of Saint Leo WorldWide. The Director of Regulatory Affairs is responsible for ensuring WW operations compliance with all relevant governing regulations at the state and federal level. The Director will have a thorough understanding of regulations in a changing higher education environment. The Dierctor will partner with the WWAVP's, academic affairs, business affairs, and the legal department to ensure the University maintains compliance. The Director will be a strong team member who can coordinate multiple high stakes activities across diverse constituencies with success.
- Track and monitor regulations relevant to WW operations.
- Maintain compliance with all relevant regulations to ensure uninterrupted operations. This includes local business regulations, state and federal higher education regulations, and other relevant governing rules.
- Submit and maintain all initial and renewal applications, documents, and fees for all higher ed authorizations for our fully online programs as well as our geographically dispersed locations, ensuring timely submission. This includes state authorizations for online education in all 50 states as well as state DOE authorizations where such authorization is triggered by physical presence.
- Submit and maintain state registrations for charitable activities in all fifty states.
- Collect all relevant documents and data from all university partners in order to support applications and renewals as needed.
- Conduct background research and needs assessment to support new program development and launch.
- Inform leadership of all relevant regulatory requirements for new locations, programs, and initiatives.
- Ensure all necessary approvals are secured prior to program or site launch.
- Maintain regulatory database and exemplary project management with transparency to other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in relevant field required.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible experience working with higher education regulations and compliance on a nationwide basis.
- Knowledge of higher education regulations governing both private non-profit and distance education, as well as local business operating requirements
- Outstanding oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to listen and collaborate with diverse audiences and acting as a team player in support of the university.
- Experience and success at complex project management.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining the effective working relationship with internal and external constituents.
- Proficiency with database access and report writing.
- Commitment to an organizational culture marked by trust, integrity, ethics and professionalism.
- Ability to provide strong leadership while engendering trust and exhibiting excellence in transparency.
- Ability to work independently on long term projects and manage to deadline.
- Able to travel (less than 25% in normal course of business).
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success
Job ID 2017-1286
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo