Assistant Professor of Business Analytics
University of Colorado - Business School
Assistant Professor of Business Analytics
The Business School at the University of Colorado Denver is seeking a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor in Business Analytics.
The Business School at the University of Colorado Denver, located in the heart of downtown, is a hub of innovation, collaboration and discovery. With full AACSB accreditation, it is the largest accredited graduate school of business in the Rocky Mountain region which places it in the top 5 percent of business programs worldwide. The Business School offers outstanding education to more than 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students each year who come from around the world to study in one of its twelve academic disciplines.
The Business Analytics area offers an MS degree in Business Analytics as well as a Business Analytics emphasis in the MBA program. The area is also responsible for courses in statistics and operations management at the undergraduate level.
The position is 40% teaching, 40% research and 20% service. The normal teaching load consists of 4 courses (3 hours each) during a 9-month contract.
Required qualifications include:
- A PhD in Business Analytics, Data Science, Applied Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or a PhD in a field closely related to Business Analytics from an accredited (or equivalent) university
- Potential for excellence in research, resulting in publication in top journals such as those specified in the UT Dallas list of journals.
- Potential for excellence in teaching Business Analytics courses
- At least 3 years' experience with modern modeling and analysis tools such as R, Database Query languages, Python, Tableau, Matlab, etc.
Preferred qualifications for the position include interests in:
- Understand and navigate the intersection of statistics, computer science, and operations research inherent in Business Analytics, as evidenced by the candidates' statements of career interests
- Teaching and researching Business Analytics topics, examples include predictive modeling, large-scale optimization, machine learning, and decision analysis.
- Interests in Cloud Computing and Data Management
- At least 1-year experience related to teaching Business Analytics courses (GA, TA, etc.)
- Interests in teaching courses in the core Business programs that would include Business Statistics and/or Operations Management
- Using innovative teaching technologies at both the undergraduate and master's levels. This may include online or hybrid delivery, flipped classrooms, case or discussion methods, and seminar or practicum courses
- The ideal candidate would have an interest in fostering links with the business community or developing new courses and a desire to quickly respond to the changing needs of this dynamic discipline.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please include the following: A statement of career interest and introduction, including your view of Business Analytics. Explain your interest in defining and developing a high quality, cutting edge Business Analytics program. A teaching statement with your teaching philosophy, your preferred courses to teach. A research statement, a detailed research plan, specific projects, timeline, and targeted journals
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Statement of Teaching Philosophy
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10914
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30055 - Business School
Posting Date: Aug 30, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Gary Kochenberger
Posting Contact Email: Gary.Kochenberger@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00637004
More jobs like this
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Arts & Humanities
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Ethnic & Cultural Studies
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Professional Fields
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Business & Management
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Science & Technology