Research Instructor - Prin Sci
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The Gates Center for Regenerative Medicine has an opening for a full-time Research Instructor faculty position at the Gates Biomanufacturing Facility. The Gates Biomanufacturing Facility is an academic cGMP manufacturing facility dedicated to the development and manufacture of novel biological therapies for early phase human clinical trials. Reporting to the Director of Cell Processing, this person will be responsible for directing process development projects related to cell-based therapies at the Gates Biomanufacturing Facility.
Open in 2015, the Gates Biomanufacturing Facility (GBF) is a cGMP manufacturing facility operated in partnership among the Gates Center, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Children's Hospital Colorado, University of Colorado Health and the Gates Frontiers Fund. With expertise in cell-based therapies, protein biologics, quality assurance and control our mission is to o help our clients accelerate the translation of their discoveries into human clinical trials as efficiently and cost effectively as possible.
Established in 2006 with a generous gift in Charles Gates' memory, the Gates Center for regenerative Medicine is a world-class center headquartered on the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. Operating within this interconnected campus, the Gates Center brings together its medical research and clinician members to utilize the center's state-of-the-art laboratory facilities and technology. Members also benefit from the collaboration the center fosters and the services it provides in the areas of marketing and philanthropy, education and outreach, and commercialization support designed to accelerate discoveries into clinical practice as quickly as possible. The Gates Center is a multi-institutional center currently comprised of approximately 100 members from the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus and CU Boulder, Colorado State University, Colorado School of Mines and private industry.
CU Anschutz is one of the world's newest education, research and patient care facilities and the largest academic health center from Chicago to the West Coast, north of Texas. The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus (CU Anschutz) is the largest academic health center in the Rocky Mountain region. The campus combines interdisciplinary teaching, research and clinical facilities to prepare the region's future health care professionals, provide the best available health care at two nationally recognized hospitals and be a national leader in life sciences research. Annually, CU Anschutz medical professionals educate 4,000 degree-seeking future health professionals, provide 1.5 million patient visits, and are awarded approximately $400 million in research grants.
- As the recognized subject matter expert in cellular biology this individual will work closely with partners in manufacturing, quality, and business development to establish technical credibility with prospective clients, identifying process and analytical needs and preparing initial scopes of work.
- Responsible for overall coordination and management of process development projects in the Cell Processing group, to insure services are delivered according to the Scope of Work, and within timeline and budget.
- Supervise and train the Cell Therapy-Process Development Team.
- Responsible for establishing qualified analytical packages for the cGMP manufacture of prospective cell therapies.
- Insures that Process Development Team adheres to all site policies, SOPs, applicable regulations and University rules.
- Reports to the Director of Cell Processing and is responsible for implementation of a coordinated service delivery strategy.
- Provides exceptional customer service to users of the Gates Biomanufacturing Facility.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Immunology or related field
- Minimum of 4 years of pharmaceutical industry experience or similar experience.
- Expertise in tissue/cell process optimization, cell isolation and purification, cell expansion and scale-up, tissue/cell preservation and storage culture of cell-based therapeutics.
- A team-oriented, self-starter capable of operating independently.
- Effective team building and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of applicable cGMP regulations.
- Experience working in a product realization role in a regulated pharmaceutical environment including biotech startup environment is preferred.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10889
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20143 - SOM-Dermatology
Posting Date: Aug 30, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Tim Gardner
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00694843
More searches like this
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Arts & Humanities
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Ethnic & Cultural Studies
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Health & Medical
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Medical Research
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Science & Technology