Advance Practice Nurse
Who we are:
The Wardenburg Health Services (WHS) staff understand and is committed to the unique health concerns of our student population, making us an unparalleled source of advocacy for student wellness at CU-Boulder. We provide a comprehensive range of health care services in several on-campus locations. The Sexual and Reproductive Health Clinic is a fast-paced and student-centered clinic, providing many opportunities for growth through professional collaboration and continuing education. We flex with the academic calendar, which provides natural ebbs and flows to the pace of clinic work, and many opportunities to support students throughout their university journey. We provide a wide range of health care services for students including but not limited to: wellness exams/annual exams, birth control counseling and initiation, sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment, limited ultrasound for gynecology patients, sexual assault support, management of abnormal pap smears, and preconception counseling. We enjoy the many benefits of working on CU-Boulder's dynamic campus with a generally young and healthy population, and many opportunities to promote health and wellness for a lifetime.
The Advance Practice Nurse (APN) is a professional position involving the practice of medicine/advanced nursing as a member of the staff of the WHS. Duties are performed in accordance with: 1) established standards and ethics of medical and nursing practice, 2) personal qualifications, and 3) the administrative policies and operational procedures of Wardenburg Health Services. Within this framework, duties are carried out with considerable latitude for independent professional judgement and action.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Patient Care -
- Perform thorough and accurate medical evaluations and design a treatment plan in accordance with medical guidelines and standards.
- Communicate with and educate patients regarding their condition, follow up care, and preventive measures.
- EMR documentation: prepare and maintain thorough, accurate and clear medical records which justify the diagnoses, treatment(s) and billing codes.
- Clinical decision-making: make appropriate use of pharmacy, laboratory, radiology, physical therapy, as well as other ancillary services in accordance with the standard practice of medicine.
- Consultation: Readily seek appropriate consultation for unusual or unresponsive cases while following established referral procedures.
Continuing Education -
- Participate in accredited continuing medical education to acquire and maintain the professional knowledge and skills needed to carry out the responsibilities of the position.
- Maintain current and appropriate nurse practitioner credentials including a Colorado Nursing License, prescriptive authority (including annual updated articulated plan, National Certification and DEA registration
Team Work -
- Participate with other staff nurse practitioners and physicians sharing a proportionate patient load and clinical responsibilities.
Quality Improvement -
- Participate in the implementation of the Medical Clinic Process Improvement activities.
What you should know:
This is a benefited 80-100% time, year-round position. During the summer, hours are flexible.
We provide care Monday through Friday, with limited Saturday hours and no late evenings, nights, or Sundays. The incumbent will be expected to work 6 rotating 4-hour Saturdays shifts during the year.
What we can offer:
The salary range for this position is $47.00 - 51.00 per hour, depending on experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be resourceful. Be engaged. Be supportive. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Registered Advanced Practice Nurse with State of Colorado upon hire.
- Full prescriptive authority in the state of Colorado upon hire.
- DEA Registration.
- National certification as an Advance Practice Nurse (such as ANCC).
- Current BLS certification.
- Eligible for clinical privileges as determined by the WHS Credentialing and Privileging Department.
- Basic functional computer skills (experience with Windows based systems).
What you will need:
- Ability to communicate and relate well with staff and students in an academic environment.
- Willingness and ability to meet demanding work schedules.
What we'd like you to have:
- 3 years of experience as an Advance Practice Nurse in women's health care.
- Experience with EMR.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by September 19, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-10868.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10450 - Wardenburg Health Center
Posting Date: Sep 5, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00702265