Research Support Assistant
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Infectious Diseases, CHIP
Research Support Assistant (Administrative Assistant II)
Position #698841 - Requisition 10705
The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Infectious Diseases, CHIP has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Research Support Assistant (Administrative Assistant II) position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The Children's Hospital Immunodeficiency Program (CHIP) provides comprehensive health care integrated with clinical trial participation to children, adolescents, young adults and pregnant women living with or affected by HIV. CHIP is a study site for numerous multi-center clinical trials.
CHIP is comprised of a multi-disciplinary team including a clinical care team, psychosocial support team, research team, outreach/prevention team, and administrative support. This position will contribute to the CHIP HIV research program by providing support for research data management, research visit payments and billing, regulatory tracking, and other administrative duties.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Create study binders for new subjects.
- File research documents.
- Assist with research chart preparation.
- Perform quality assurance on research documents.
- Assist with updating monthly research screening logs.
- Compile data reports from CHIP database.
- Enter data into research-specific databases.
- Assist with discrepancy/error resolution of data.
- Complete special data projects (as needed).
Research Participant Reimbursement:
- Enter subject payments into database.
- File relevant documents including W-9s (patient tax forms), account forms, and receipts.
- Complete required paperwork for petty cash accounts.
- Maintain supplies.
- Assist with completing petty cash requests.
- Assist with reconciling patty cash accounts.
- Assist with audits (as needed).
Visit Billing/Account Maintenance:
- Enter billing worksheets into CHIP database.
- Enter research billing reviews in electronic medical records.
- Assist with research billing error resolution.
- Submit medical records requests.
- Send mailings to patients (consents, newsletters, study information).
- Update patient contact information and study enrollment in database.
- Enter research labs into electronic medical record.
- Schedule research visits (as needed).
- Review consent documents for quality assurance.
- Process and file informed consents.
- Maintain regulatory-specific trackers.
- Collect and file staff documents (such as financial disclosures, training certificates, etc.).
- Track staff research training certificates, CVs, and provider licenses.
- Assist with IRB submissions as needed.
- Assist in preparation for site monitor visits.
General Research/Outreach Program Assistance:
- Provide meeting support, which includes: scheduling, securing rooms, setting up equipment, taking meeting minutes, and ordering catering.
- Coordinate logistics and assist with development of research team's patient or staff events (pool party, research team retreat, etc.).
- Order research supplies.
- Develop or assist in the development of procedures, databases, trackers, and filing systems to ensure appropriate recordkeeping.
- Willing and able to assist with occasional pick-up/delivery of study specimens/supplies at off-site locations.
- Technology support (set up for meetings; hardware/software set-up).
- Assist with development of research/program promotional materials (as needed).
- Draft letters/communications.
- Copy, scan, and/or file documents.
- Assist with special projects (as needed).
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position has been established at $33,396 - $40,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- High School Diploma or GED Certification.
- Two (2) years of general clerical experience in an academic, medical, and/or higher education environment.
- Experience working with computer software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and/or PowerPoint.
Substitution: College and/or University course work in a relevant area may substitute for the experience on a year-for-year basis.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children's Hospital Colorado.
- Must successfully pass national criminal and sex offender background check.
- Four (4) or more years of general clerical experience in an academic, medical, and/or higher education environment.
- One (1) or more years of experience working in clinical research environment.
- Data entry/data management experience.
- Experience working with Epic (electronic medical record).
Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately prioritize workflow.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to work independently, within a strong team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities, often under time pressures.
- Must feel comfortable working with the diverse population the CHIP program serves.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2). A current resume/CV. 3). List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to SAlisa Katai at Alisa.Katai@ucdenver.edu. Questions should be directed to Alisa Katai at Alisa.Katai@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21016 - SOM-PEDS ID-GenOps
Posting Date: Aug 30, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Alisa Katai
Posting Contact Email: Alisa.Katai@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00698841