Tutor students in various Geology and Physical Geography courses taught at Johnson County Community College. Other responsibilities include referring students to appropriate resources, assist students with computer software necessary for the courses, help with the basic math skills to solve problems in these courses and other duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Tutor Students in geology/Physical Geography
- Refer & Aide students in proper use of resources
- Assist in daily activities of the center
- Follow good work ethics
- Successful completion of Geology 130, 140 & 141courses.
- Must be familiar with laboratory techniques, mineral and rock identification, weather data and weather map interpretation, topographic map interpretation, 2D and 3D interpretation of structural geology models and maps including strike and dip symbols.
- Must be able to help with computer programs.
- Require good communication skills, including listening with understanding and patience.
- Ability to explain concepts and solve basic math problems in Geology and Physical Geography, both orally and in written form in a one to one or small group setting.
Some tutoring experience is preferred
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Hours per Week
Please submit resume and cover letter.