Student Life Event Specialist, CFRN13825SACT
The Student Life Event Specialist will plan, coordinate, and evaluate Student Life events, as well as assist with New Student Orientations. The Event Specialist works closely with other departments on campus and is an enthusiastic member of the College community.
Position Title: Student Life Event Specialist, CFRN13825SACT
Duties of Position:
- Plan, coordinate, and evaluate Student Life events, as well as assist with New Student Orientations.
- Collect cost estimates and make purchase recommendations for necessary materials based on event parameters.
- Coordinate with services and technical needs of events, including room set-up, food, AV equipment, etc. Complete required paperwork in order to facilitate the scheduling of all necessary service providers including Campus Services.
- Coordinate data collection and event evaluations.
- Coordinate the recruiting, screening, training and supervising of Orientation Leaders, and make recommendations regarding their hiring.
- Compile Orientation Leader feedback, assist with individual debriefings, and compensation evaluation.
- Work cooperatively with other departments as Student Life contact in support of non-Student Life campus initiatives.
- Participate in various College-wide committees to represent the needs of and services for the College's constituency base.
- Support Alter Ego Productions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Coordinator of Student Engagement.
Experience and Education:
1-2 years of experience in event planning or coordination of events
3-4 years of experience in event planning or coordination of events
Equipment & Working Conditions:
PC, copy machine, Microsoft Office.
Must be able to lift boxes of materials up to 30 lbs. Must be able to walk distances and climb stairs with college materials. Some evening and weekend hours may be required. Must have valid driver's license.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Student Life - SACT
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt