Operations Manager, Eudaimonia Institute
*Cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: The Operations Manager plans, coordinates, synchronizes, and manages the execution of the Eudaimonia Institute’s (Institute) internal and external activities. This position is responsible for supervising the team, budget management, program management and assessment, event and conference planning, and day-to-day operations of the Institute.
- Coordinates the daily operations of the Institute efficiently and effectively to include managing the administrative team, interactions with other units of the university, logistics, IT/AV needs, budget development, and reporting.
- Plans, coordinates, synchronizes, and supervises the execution of the Institute’s activities and initiatives to include: searches for faculty and visitors, guest lectures and conferences, workshops, co- and extracurricular activities, data collection and assessments, and publication of Institute activities.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes the marketing and communication strategies for the Institute to build a quality brand. This includes ensuring the website is current, producing newsletters, assisting in designing marketing materials, overseeing the use of social media, and other communication mediums, and ensuring the Institute’s needs are communicated to the development team.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree plus five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated good character and superb leadership skills.
- Commitment to the Institute’s mission.
- Experience in managing operations for and/or leading a performance-oriented organization.
- Experience managing an office, ideally in an academic setting or similar environment.
- Ability to communicate with excellence, to engage with others effectively, and to demonstrate the professional presence needed to interact and build positive relationships with staff, faculty, students, and other members of the community.
- A passion for working with faculty, staff, and students and an ability to build strong relationships.
- The ability to establish credibility, influence outcomes, and work collaboratively with a wide range of constituents on behalf of students.
- Good organizational citizen who values and supports the Institute’s mission.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Advanced degree.
- Skill in event planning and execution related to conferences and educational events.
- Responsible for own work.
- Budgetary responsibilities.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States